AuthorTopic: [WIP] Dwarf Cave  (Read 6831 times)

Offline aramaki

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Dwarf Cave

Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 11:01:21 pm
Kren
You did great by reducing colours. I've made some adjustments and now it looks more like a cave, thanks to you!

This is a Drow princess.  C+C please.

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 01:58:10 am
it would look fantastic if you added some lighting around the torches

Offline aramaki

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 03:18:41 am
I'm working on a dwarf slash.   Does it look any good?

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 03:27:39 am
That drow is great. her, the tiles, throne, torches, etc.. all work very well together but I have to say again I think the dwarf looks out of place, it's in a completely different style then everything else.

Offline WM

• cubist
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 04:08:42 am
I'm working on a dwarf slash.   Does it look any good?

It looks wonderful except for the feet: just a little variation in the pixels making up his legs and feet will really show the object animated as one piece rather than isolated animation of the limbs, which takes away from the liveliness. I suggest making him turn or step, sort of like how you're supposed to do when you swing a baseball bat (google videos will help you here :)).
EDIT: wait, stepping would only really work with a single swing. Whoops  ::)

However, rotating feet might help.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:10:50 am by WM »

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 03:54:11 am
The swing is really nice. I like how you handled the frames on the blur. What's missing from it is a sense of weight. I think this is mainly because there aren't any slow-ins or slow-outs when the swing changes direction or reaches the max position in the current direction.

I find it a little strange how straight and angular the natural part of the cave is in your mockup. It's understandable in the floor because that is obviously polished by the dwarf people, but the straight line of stalctites(?) along the ceiling seems a bit off. The base of the stalctite tile is also a bit repetitive.. I notice you have another flat bottomed ceiling tile that could probably be edited and used to give the stalactite base some variation.

Also, I don't know what program you use to save your images, but graphics gale can't load moving png images and even has trouble with your non moving png images. I'm sending an email off to them to get that fixed, but thought you might like to know. There's a fair number of GG users and that could be hurting your chances of getting an edit. I think some browsers don't even support moving png images either.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:01:25 am by crab2selout.png »