AuthorTopic: Hi there - some of my material for you to check out.  (Read 15648 times)

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Re: Hi there - some of my material for you to check out.

Reply #30 on: March 19, 2006, 08:49:53 pm
Finally got a chance to post in this thread... *feels slow* Baccaman you really know your stuff, these are all fantastic! I really love the Yacko animation alot, very fluid. Also those uno animations are really nice... I never knew anyone could animate an uno card X_xU. Nice popeye anim btw, good timing with his walk.

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 04:07:10 pm
Found some more of those pilot portraits...

First guys a Russian - I've a sneaky suspicion I was influenced by the character off the carmaggedon box for this one. The 2nd's another US pilot, he's a bit like the Cockroach from the Cerebus comics...:-\ dunno if that's agood or a bad thing...  The third's a German... I've a feeling this one's WIP as he hasn't had the 2ndarylight applied, and some of the coat and helmet is in need of work - he was based on boris karloff I do believe...
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #32 on: March 23, 2006, 04:33:41 am
Wow, Sim City!? Really!? Awesome. You've got mad skills. :P

Offline BlackEye

• View Profile
    • blackeye.org

Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 12:43:13 pm
Found some more of those pilot portraits...

First guys a Russian - I've a sneaky suspicion I was influenced by the character off the carmaggedon box for this one. The 2nd's another US pilot, he's a bit like the Cockroach from the Cerebus comics...:-\ dunno if that's agood or a bad thing...  The third's a German... I've a feeling this one's WIP as he hasn't had the 2ndarylight applied, and some of the coat and helmet is in need of work - he was based on boris karloff I do believe...

really nice portraits
the borders tell me, that they were done to fit your current avatar. right?
the first guy is a bit asymetric (the left eye looks off) and looks, compared to the second and your avatar, unfinished. the 2nd lightsource is missing
the second guy is really perfect. i love the mimic :)
as you already mentioned, the 3rd guy is unfinished ;)

very cool comic style on all of these
-blackeye-

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #34 on: April 03, 2006, 06:22:22 am
Very impressive works and resume'. Are you fulltiming at a dev right now or looking for freelance work? If so, email me at adam@wayforward.com. I might already know you by another name (seem to remember one of our producers showing me some Animaniacs animations a while back). The JLA sprites are great, really stylized, especially Martian Manhunter.

- Adam

Offline raynoa

• View Profile
    • raynoa at deviantart

Reply #35 on: April 03, 2006, 10:11:18 am
Hey man, I just want to say, that you're great artist. I see sprites from Dizzy 5, I played this game on ZX-Spectrum a long time ago, and now I see the author here =)

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #36 on: April 03, 2006, 11:01:34 am
I was looking through this thread earlier, didn't get a chance to comment, but your work is all nice :)

I"m loving the first two pilot portraits and the popeye animation the most. and the promise that there could've been an updated super sprint is nice too. [I sat on my ass and played super sprint for hours as a kid :D]