AuthorTopic: I still hate girls.  (Read 9968 times)

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

I still hate girls.

on: December 17, 2009, 07:55:46 pm
...Ok, maybe not, but I hate trying to draw them.

It's less creative than what a brain-dead monkey could come up with, but it was more an exercise than real artistic project. I've never really pixeled anything from start to finish this size, so I thought it would be fun to try. The bigger I get, the more I notice how much more I really need to work on my fundamentals, and it might start bugging me enough to actually do some real studies. </3

Yeah, so now that I look at it on site, it looks more like a supermodel photo shoot where the director wanted to create an "average girl" vibe. I really should try drawing a less perfect body sometime.

Second try:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:50:17 pm by Kcilc »

Offline MegaLeon

• View Profile

Re: I hate girls.

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:08:45 pm
She bends the right leg and the leftone is straight, but the feet are almost at the same height.
Thus the right leg seems longer  ;)

Offline WM

• cubist
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:16:51 pm
She bends the right leg and the leftone is straight, but the feet are almost at the same height.
Thus the right leg seems longer  ;)

Her right foot's heel is raised in the air while the other is flat on the ground, so the feet aren't really the giveaway. However, the shading under her right kneecap is what I think is making the leg bend too strong.

Maybe some shading under her left arm next to her armpit.

I think this is a great piece; your choice of color and the way you handle your lines and shapes makes people a powerful subject matter for you.

Offline Maru

• THIS HOUSE IS CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Werepop

Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:41:48 pm
Nice shading and pose!

Though I feel her torso is too long and thin~ We women are a bit more hourglass shaped ya'know :D
If you see where her crotch starts, then add that on to the length of her torso...I think her torso needs to be taken down a couple of pixels?

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 10:00:02 pm
So something a little bit more like this?

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Offline Maru

• THIS HOUSE IS CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Werepop

Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 10:27:34 pm
Yeahh you're definetly moving in the right direction now :D!

Oh the boobs might need a little adjustment too, just something that caught my eye~ they look like she's standing completely straight. She's leaning a little bit so in reality so one would be a bit higher up than the other to match the curve of her torso. (The one on our right should be a notch higher...)

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 11:07:54 pm
Dem hips... mmm, oh uh, right, uh :huh:... Right, you should add more contrast to the piece, make the skin rosier as well.

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 12:38:39 am
That face is more then a little scary. Either you chose some odd places to highlight or she has a gigantic hook-nose.

Here is an edit for the face:

Either the waist is too thin or the hips are too wide. Feet look a bit stubby too.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 05:49:33 am

based on EE's edit :D
Mostly on the torso and waist. As EE said, you need either thinner hips or a wider waist.
On the chest, you've got a pretty common problem, trying to define the tits with an outline at the bottom :P They've got form to 'em, form that you're ignoring. I completely got rid of the outline and used shadows to define them instead. even if you're using an outline, the outline should be where the greatest contrast is, meaning the middle of the breast and not the bottom.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 08:45:27 pm

Major tweaking. Thanks for the edits and advice!