AuthorTopic: (WIP) Man on a Steep Hill  (Read 6240 times)

Offline Zack

• View Profile

Re: (WIP) Man on a Steep Hill

Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 11:15:59 pm
Great!

What software are you using? You need something that displays the palette and lets you change colours and see them update in the canvas. I normally start manually sorting colours in the palette by value and then comparing their HSV values. If their values are similar enough, I copy one of them into the other and merge them into a single index.

The purple hills are interesting. I think at least their value is a big improvement; they seal the bottom of the piece nicely and push the eye up to the subject. New greens are good!

I imagined the face basically being a stern brow, white eyes (lids pulled back, you kind of already have this), but an otherwise calm face. I think it'd be funny, almost satirical. Maybe a slightly pouting mouth, too.
Thanks!  ;D

I'm using Microsoft Paint, but now I'm starting to put my GraphicsGale to use (Which I should've done in the first place). A program that could automatically place the "closer" pixels together would be awsome, so that I would'nt have to find it. Also, I think GraphicsGale has an option for this, right? Like, it would tell you what the palette is on the piece and it wouldn't be so hard just manually changing it that way so I know which colours are different.

I could try giving him the facial features you are suggesting. Thanks man, great help.  :y:

Here's an edit on the hill:

It gives it a little more volume
Nice concept, thanks! I'll consider it when I start to work more on the hill.  :)

Aaaahhhhh, ridges, so thats how he got onto the hill!

The places just under the ears almost look like cheek bones, or they could his neck. Can you clear that up? :/

They are his cheek bones, I could try to clean it up and make it look more like so, but I may have to move the ears then. I think that's what is causing the confusion. Thanks for pointing that out.  ;D

Offline Zack

• View Profile

Re: (WIP) Man on a Steep Hill

Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 11:55:07 pm
Sorry for the double post, but I submitted this to my gallery already - http://pixeljoint.com/p/17347.htm?pg=1&sec=icons - however I will continue to work on it later on and try to follow the suggestions listed here. Thank you for the help guys, especially Eyecraft!  :y: