AuthorTopic: a few characters  (Read 3918 times)

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

a few characters

on: March 15, 2006, 04:39:38 am
well, i finally got some time to post some pixels i've done. Any comments, questions, or critiques are always welcome. :)

These are just some funky dudes (without torsos) done out of boredom and need of an avatar.

I did these after drooling over the kid icarus mockups on Kenneth Fejer's website(big fan =P)

And these were my second attempt at iso characters. Wanted to change up my style a bit.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Re: a few characters

Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 11:03:56 am
Good work.

I like this:

The lasts characters i think need more work seems unfinished.

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 12:29:33 am
thanks matriax.  I guess the simplicity of the last two is a personal preference ;)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 01:04:53 am
on some parts, it looks like simplicity, others incompleteness. anyways nice sprites.

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 01:18:48 am
thanks, do you mind pointing out the incomplete parts for me? =P

Offline Syn

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 03:26:23 am
I like the second sprite sets... the style is nice. I'm curious, is it your own style or inspired by someone? Cause I would like to see more. Anyway, considering the size and simple design I would like to see different perceptions and maybe even animated. They would make cool isometric strategy game sprites.

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 03:48:35 am
thank you. Im a little confused, are you talking about the middle three sprites or the isometric ones? The middle three are inspired by kenneth fejer's sprites, but the iso ones are just something i came up with really.  I do plan on making more in that style so im glad you like them.  Oh and btw, if you have a cool game idea that would work with that style of iso sprites, i'd love to hear it. :)

Offline Syn

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 04:35:01 am
Oh there are three series... lol, my adblocker was blocking the middle sprite sets... these are cool too... but I still put my money on the last sets. They have character and like I said, they could be used to make a game like FF Tactics. Are you serious about making a game though? Because these 2 pics are nothing compared to the amount of artwork you would need to make a full fledge game. If you are really interested in making a game, you could look for some game making communities out there. Maybe I could even join you if you show promise.. ;) cause I hate to waste time on unfinished projects. :(

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 05:24:36 am
well im glad you like the style.  Im contemplating starting a project right now, and trust me i know how much art is put into a game, a lot =P but seriously im not sure if im going to start one now with school and tennis after school everyday...etc.  Oh and i am a member of a couple gamemaking communities btw, but if i decide to start one ill let you know.

anyway back ontopic glad you like the sprites, ill update the topic with more sprites in that style when i get the chance :)