AuthorTopic: [WIP] Hunter girl  (Read 12846 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Hunter girl

Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 05:06:45 pm
I seriously only beefed up her thighs and moved her <- leg more to the <-
' _ '

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 05:13:53 pm
Jad,  You did more than that.  lol    How about redesigning the boots.  New skin tone.  The hair a smidge.  New shading on the dress.  Oh and recoloring the barrel and adding a sight.  I've been studying.   ;)

Edit:
I'm still working on it, but here's and update:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 05:23:23 pm by dpixel »

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 07:43:22 pm
JPG? You bad, bad boy. Please don't use JPG, they are no good.

Also, you're not seeing something about the arms. They both still look too short and scrawny. I understand one is foreshortened (may want to darken the forearm to help convey this), but the other one is just too short. The extended arm should reach to about mid thigh, yours would only reach to the hip. Also pay attention to the thickness at varying points. Yours looks thin at the top, then thicker as it goes down the upper arm, then thinner as you go down the forearm. This is not what arms are like.

Anyway legs look much much better, good work.

Offline dpixel

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 07:57:54 pm
What is this with the file type?  It's a png.  If it's changed it was tinypic.  And from I can see there is no image quality loss.  I explained all this earlier in the thread.

Offline Jeremy

• howdy
    • pixellerjeremy
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19218.htm
    • pixellerjeremy
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 09:06:00 pm
Here's an edit, only changed the lightest hair colour I think. And added a green. The garter thingy, is is meant to be holding something? If so, it should be made clearer :P
Something in all the edits that you've not yet taken on board is the knees, rather than the little lines try doing more block shading. The whole image's lines could do with cleaning, there's some confusion and jaggies there.
One last thing, made the gun barrel lines cleaner. I just personally can't stand working with non-clean ones :P

Offline Jorund

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 11:55:40 pm
One thing I just noticed about the concept is: if she's a hunter, she shouldn't be wearing high heels.

Offline Jeremy

• howdy
    • pixellerjeremy
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19218.htm
    • pixellerjeremy
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 12:19:04 am
Or a short skirt :P

It's Rule Of CoolTM  :hehe:

Offline dpixel

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 12:32:22 am
One thing I just noticed about the concept is: if she's a hunter, she shouldn't be wearing high heels.

Yeah, what Jeremy said ^^    :hehe:

Update:  I made the arms a bit longer and pulled her right arm more towards the body(it seems to work?).  Shifted the body to the left from the last update. And kind of Jeremyfied the boots a little.  :P

Interesting edit Jeremy.  I like it, though the boobs are too high and kind of robotic looking.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 01:29:16 am
You guys are great.  I love both edits.  You gave me a lot to think about.  I'll work on a better pose...or maybe a few just for practice.  I want to make it interesting and my version wasn't doing that.

Jad's idea to make her stance wider is definitely a good way to go. Wide stance is a power stance, assertive, fits the personality you're going for. Chin up as well (though that's kind of moving it into arrogant territory). It's either that or make her look very comfortable and relaxed with where she is and what shes doing. Move her weight onto one leg and bring some curves into the spine.

It seems like the pose is fundamentally broken around the upper torso area. The way her head goes to the left makes it look like it's actually further back from the viewer than the base of her neck, but at the same time that position of the head seems to fit the overall idea of the pose. So the head is right, the legs are right, it's just the connection between them that isn't working. I feel like only a proper figure-construction will find the solution. That's my guess, anyway.

And EyeCraft...why pants?    :crazy:

Sorry, I guess it was just eating at me a little and I couldn't help but write it. There's just so many things I see every day that push sexual objectivity of women (be it games, advertising, art, ...) that I've developed a knee-jerk reaction to seeing it.  D: It was more referring to the earlier versions where her skirt was so high you could see her underwear.

I think at first I was going for a cartoony, amazon warrior, rednecks daughter who's just a bit trigger happy.  I think Jad's edit more conveys this as EyeCraft's edit looks more like a tag along chick who only fired a gun once or twice.  lol  But definately is more correct and believable.

Yeah, I think I subliminally lead it in that direction. Most of my edit involved lasooing, resizing and shifting, which changed the pose as I went. Once the pose had changed to the point where it took on less confidence and more a kind of naivety, I found it endearing and couldn't bring myself to change it.  :)

Offline dpixel

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 02:08:22 am

Jad's idea to make her stance wider is definitely a good way to go. Wide stance is a power stance, assertive, fits the personality you're going for. Chin up as well (though that's kind of moving it into arrogant territory). It's either that or make her look very comfortable and relaxed with where she is and what shes doing. Move her weight onto one leg and bring some curves into the spine.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Sorry, I guess it was just eating at me a little and I couldn't help but write it. There's just so many things I see every day that push sexual objectivity of women (be it games, advertising, art, ...) that I've developed a knee-jerk reaction to seeing it.  D: It was more referring to the earlier versions where her skirt was so high you could see her underwear.

Yeah, the underwear was a bit much for this.   :-[