AuthorTopic: Animations ~updated again~  (Read 11379 times)

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: Animations ~updated again~

Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 02:12:32 am
To be honest, I'd say that the upper body movement is hard only because the bottom half movement isn't very... well... natural... for a robot.
Not only does the knee bend... err, not enough, but the robot groin area is weird in how it moves the robotic thighs. Also, it appears a bit too fast to me. Slow it down a bit, bend the knee joints, and give the robot a little bounce. Follow it up by just predicting how the arms would act by thinking about the forces involved in walking in that manner.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 02:21:12 am
yeah, main thing is the high speed and lack of torso movement, the stiff knees make him look like a penguin. put some strength into his...stomp for the lack of a better word

though maybe you were going for an awkward peguin like walk.......in that case I think it's ok :p
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 02:22:51 am by Camus »

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 02:47:24 am
Dang, sweet stuff xion. That alien dude is great, nice movement, and quite creepy.

For your walk anim, remember that when walking your body lowers and raises itself with each step, and to some degree moves forward, depending on how forceful the movement is. You could also add some delays within the robot's segments, giving more weight to the bot. Basically the thigh might move 1 px before the calf/foot, etc...

Anyways keep it up, your doing very well ^-^

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 06:30:52 pm
Wow, great improvement in the robot animation.

Oh yeah, Animation is fun and easy. More people should try it.

XDDDD yes sure....(more sarcastic)

I'm very bad in animations, and for animate persons(anatomy) .... well i never animated a character :( ,  and after view you animation here, are very impresive for me  :o

What program you use for make the animations? you learn to make animations with any tutorial? yo can post process?...  :-[ for me is very interesting.

Offline Flame

• !
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 09:34:05 pm
Awesome stuff and it is a pleasure at looking some well done animations  ;)
!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 01:38:57 am
Ah, thank you.
@ Matriax: If you never try, you can never succeed. It's like you've failed before beginning. Really, I encourage everyone to give animations a try. Especially characters. I've learned alot from the crits in this thread, and I hope that my next animations will be even better.

What program you use for make the animations? you learn to make animations with any tutorial? yo can post process?...  :-[ for me is very interesting.

Actually, I use GGale, and Take1. I use GGale to make the characters and animate. I really suck at the keyframing thing, so I pretty much just animate as I go. Once all the frames are done, I go back and add minor details, tweak the animation, and do t3h palette tweaks. since i only have the trial version of GGale, I export the anim then go into Take1 to do additional tweaking, add transparency, and fudge with the timing. Tada!

Well, I'm sure I'll find a shorter way soon.

Really, animation is fun if you don't have too high expectations for yourself. Try something simple at first, like a small, walking cartoon character w/ simple shading.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 05:13:10 pm
Well, yes i make a lot of animations, and try make , but is very dificulty for me , and sometimes is imposible.

A long time ago i made and animation with "microangelo" in pixel-art, i going to post a thread to post the animations, i made an animation with 600frames XDDD, but well is a small animations :).

Thanks for explain you steps, and information  ;)