AuthorTopic: First time ;D  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Muffin Man

• View Profile

First time ;D

on: December 08, 2009, 11:09:50 pm
Welp its only the Top if the tree but i would appreciate a critique ;)

Offline Red_Mist

• Not enough pixels in the world.
    • View Profile
    • FuzionLLC

Re: First time ;D

Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 01:07:18 am
Looks like you used some sort of airbrush technique. While this will definately speed up the process of completing the tree, it is not suggested if you want people to appreciate the overall appearance... I can most certantly say that I am not an expert in the matter of tree design/pixeling but there are plenty of resources here to point you in the right direction.

If you insist on Airbrushing the tree... perhaps at the very least clean up the stray pixels a bit. The bright highlights on the left side of the tree doesn't look right to me, maybe do without it.
On a positive note, the color count is way down which I guess is a good thing. And It does look treeish.

Anyway, keep on working at it, maybe you might even find a quick and easy way to make a nice looking tree, but probably not with the air tool.
<Xion> I can't see it why can't I see it

Offline Vampire Elf

• View Profile

Re: First time ;D

Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 01:33:57 am
I think that you would get a better effect by having less dithering. ATM it seems very messy, maybe try reducing it to flat blocks of colour then dithering in between the shades? If you want highlights, try stretching the white and yellows to just before the center of the tree to give it a more sperical shading pattern, that's not to say that the whole half of the tree should be lighter, just certain sections. Though IMHO an anti aliased rough-zig-zag'd line would be better than dithering for a treetop like that, It'd help with the leaf effect(Though this depends on what sccale wour working on, larger scale would fit tthe kind of dithering your using but if it's a smaller tree, say 2m tall then you'd need more leaf definition). Also, you may want to try a more irregular shape?