AuthorTopic: Iso RPG Base WIP  (Read 8202 times)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Iso RPG Base WIP

Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 05:30:32 am
Here ya go

It's uhmm . . . in want of some adjustments, I think.

Offline Altoontoon

• View Profile
    • Fran Gonzalez Portfoio

Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 11:30:32 am
Hello. I like the design and how you work the volume effect for the muscles. For animation, i think you can follow this little example. I created a ISOBOX that surrounds your character, and make the arcs that describes the articulations when moves; you can add some more arcs, but i just draw the basics: hand and foot. In profile view you can view the same arcs. And i think you must draw every frame, dont try to copy, rotate the members of the body because it feels robotic movements and your design is pretty organic. I know its more work draw animation and repeat muscle job every time, but you will be happiest with the result, and enter in detail only when animation being satisfactory. i hope this help you, and show us your changes. Good luck!

PD. Sorry, i only drew 1/2 walk cycle, but i think you understand the process anyway.

Offline Ninjafro

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 01:59:22 pm
Mine looks like some sort of Irish jig, LOL.

Offline Ninjafro

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 02:45:01 pm

It looks better now... I just wish I could figure out how to make it more smooth.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 04:05:28 pm
Well, you can always add more frames! But before you go on to that, you need more work on your base animation. Adding more frames to a weak animation only results in a weaker one. Take Altoontoon's advice again, it's very good. Read his post really carefully. I quote: "I think you must draw every frame, don't try to copy, rotate the members of the body because it [creates] robotic movements and your design is pretty organic." He is absolutely correct. Do not copy and paste the limbs! As hard as it is, you're going to need to redraw every frame. It's not as bad as you think it is though, and the results are worth it. Start with a basic silhouette, using slightly different colors on the limbs so you can easily tell the difference between the near and far ones. His "ISOBOX" and arcs advice is also very solid, make sure you do that. Do you have a program that lets you watch the animation as you edit it? If you don't, pick up GraphicsGale or something similar.

Offline Ninjafro

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 04:16:38 pm
I did redraw all the frames on the second animation.

Offline Ninjafro

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 06:20:20 pm
K, I started a new version with more frames.  I just finished the color blob-draft thing.

Offline Ninjafro

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 08:53:26 pm

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 01:45:49 am
Be careful when planning thing out...it's easy to spend a ton of time planning out shapes mathematically only to find out that you're not keeping things constant.

i find the best way is to color code your wireframe so that you can maintain constant lengths.

you can also spend a bit of time learning 3d programs - after a short time you should be able to produce really useful animation frames which save you all the measurement and get straight to the art (although they can be a litttttttle limiting at first if you're not used to the programs...)

Here's one I'm currently working off of - note the basic light areas and color coded segments.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Ninjafro

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 03:49:24 am
Thank you for all of the help, guys.