AuthorTopic: A small light for you guys in the darkest time of the year!  (Read 7030 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: A small light for you guys in the darkest time of the year!

Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 05:41:07 am
My biggest concern is that the light is just originating from the center of the clearing rather than the lamp in hand.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 06:55:58 am
With the dark forest, the perspective is just awesome. I'm kind of confused about the relationship between the clouds and the forest. A dead forest wouldn't be completely black so how 'bout letting some of the light purple go through the forest just a little bit? That way, there's more connection between the forest and everything else.

If you honestly like the forest with the landscape, find some way to connect the different elements.

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 09:26:48 pm
Wait, I'm confused, if the Earth is between the Sun and the Moon, how would the light from the sun hit the moon? :O

Also, I also think there are too many unrelated pieces in this picture, which creates multiple focal points. I'm sorry to say, but I definitely preferred it the way it was originally. Perhaps, at least removing the Sun and lamps, and then significantly darkening the rest of the picture would be a better idea.

Offline Tobe

• www.rayteoactive.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • Rayteoactive

Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 08:41:30 am
I love the color scheme, but the composition didn't seems right to me. Or maybe it's because the light and dark can be blended in better. I don't know :)