AuthorTopic: Rpg sprite- girl  (Read 4317 times)

instant

Rpg sprite- girl

on: March 12, 2006, 11:42:34 pm
this is just a base i was working on for a project and i was wondering what you guys think. I do need a bit of help on the walk cycle but overall i'm ok with her. basicly just need some  C&C from you g uys before i do to much XD  ;D

P.s. yes i know about her right foot

Offline reydragk

• View Profile

Re: Rpg sprite- girl

Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 06:08:36 am
I know how hard it is to redraw the frames for animation, but you're gonna have to for this--the arms move completely wonky, and the leg movements just aren't that great either...

Offline Syn

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 01:53:42 am
Well off the bat I could say the breast look a little to small, even if you don't want them to be balloon shaped. As for the animation, it obviously has problems but I dunno how to fix the legs. But for the arms, what I would do would be to make the upper part of the arm slightly to the inside of the body at the same time the lower part of the arms flab foward. And probably make them go slight behind when the lower part of the arms go back. Seriously, just walk around and look at what moves and you will see what I mean... lol Hope I was of help...

instant

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 02:00:32 am
Well off the bat I could say the breast look a little to small, even if you don't want them to be balloon shaped. As for the animation, it obviously has problems but I dunno how to fix the legs. But for the arms, what I would do would be to make the upper part of the arm slightly to the inside of the body at the same time the lower part of the arms flab foward. And probably make them go slight behind when the lower part of the arms go back. Seriously, just walk around and look at what moves and you will see what I mean... lol Hope I was of help...

you were a lot of help, thanks I see what you are talking about

Offline entivore

• Never known love
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 08:21:08 pm
First the arms... they should swing at the shoulder, not the elbow.  There should be very little or no elbow swinging at all unless she is powerwalking.

Next the legs. . . you did a good job with the light/dark shading for depth, but the legs need to get shorter when they aren't perpendicular to the ground, and especially the lower leg when the foot is picked up. . . speaking of which, the feet need to come off the ground.
Only in the darkness can one most brightly shine

暗闇だけで最も明るい状態で光り輝くことができる

instant

Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 01:37:33 am
I wonder if there are any tutorials on walk cycles for a sprite of this size

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 01:54:56 am
Hey instant. I was doing sprites around this size awhile ago, and had no idea how to animate 'em either. Don't know about a tutorial, but you might refernce Ragnorok Online's sprites. Never played it, but the sprites seem solid, and they're around this size. Here's a link to get you started. Good luck!

instant

Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 02:03:45 am
Hey instant. I was doing sprites around this size awhile ago, and had no idea how to animate 'em either. Don't know about a tutorial, but you might refernce Ragnorok Online's sprites. Never played it, but the sprites seem solid, and they're around this size. Here's a link to get you started. Good luck!

good idea, thanks