AuthorTopic: TV and phone  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Deidara

• View Profile

TV and phone

on: November 23, 2009, 02:55:35 pm
Hey everybody!

I'm new to pixeling and after lurking for a long time I decided to try it myself again.
I posted my first works here once but that was quite awhile ago, haven't pixeled since because of time issues.

I am quite the perfectionist so generally it takes me very long to make things, I go over every pixel a thousand times :yell:
Anyways, here is a flatscreen tv and an iphone. I would like some C&C, mainly about readability, the phone is kind of a cluster of colours.

EDIT: made the static a gif

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:20:52 pm by Deidara »

Offline circuscommando

• View Profile

Re: TV and phone

Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 01:50:03 am
the TV looks like an LCD screen, try making those lines moving, perhaps some lighting on the sides when it does change color.

Iphone has generally nice readability, however hte buttons on the left and top seem to detract and appear as random pixels (might just be me), i would add a little AA around the button at the bottom (Assuming it's circular) as well as with the inner white line.

he hobbles and hobbles.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 05:08:26 am
I think you've fallen into some Iso trappings. It's easy to follow iso axes and highlight all the edges, but it's better to think of the piece still in terms of form and lighting:

Phone actually doesn't seem too bad, really. It could really use some AA to kill the jaggies that are around it.

Offline Deidara

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 05:37:14 pm
Thanks for the replies!

I tried AA'ing the phone, does this look better now?

The edited TV looks like a blatant copy of Eyecraft's edit  :mean:
It's still hard for me to get out of the iso trap, because the lines give sort of a working format. I have a bit more insight on how you can shape forms now though. Thanks!