AuthorTopic: Some 3D Stuff.  (Read 15582 times)

Offline Memo

• OHRer
    • View Profile

Some 3D Stuff.

on: November 23, 2009, 04:15:42 am
Well, I'm officially a N00B at 3D stuff now. Or at least I'd like to think so.

I'm working on a 3D game in unity about zombies. If anyones interested in helping me with the code i'd really like it.

Anyways here it is!

Vending Machine

Explosive Barrel

I'll post more as I make them ;D
(or skin them at least, i have alot that arnt done yet)

Offline endless_dark

• View Profile

Re: Some 3D Stuff.

Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 12:30:32 pm
What are you using to code the game?

Offline Memo

• OHRer
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 04:46:46 pm
I think unity uses C# and Javascript.

Offline endless_dark

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 04:55:37 pm
Oh! I didn't read the unity part, well, i'm not experienced using unity, do you have some kind of website about the project or something?

Offline Memo

• OHRer
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 01:51:41 am
I dont have alot of information about the game itself since I'm still in EARLY early developement stages, but if you'd like you can check out my site www.bluepxl.com  ;D

Are you maybe interested in helping me with some code stuff?

Offline endless_dark

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:19:18 pm
I dont have alot of information about the game itself since I'm still in EARLY early developement stages, but if you'd like you can check out my site www.bluepxl.com  ;D

Are you maybe interested in helping me with some code stuff?

Maybe, but first I need to know what kind of project is, if it's going to be free or proprietary software, and, if the code is in early stages, I could try to code a prototype, I think would be better using ogre 3D, Irrlitch or something like this.

Anyway, if you want me to code something (a prototype or something to know what do you think about) MP me.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 12:05:12 pm
Your vending machine has no buttons .. ? And no coin slots? how do you use it!
' _ '

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 06:47:12 am
Oh sweet, I've been interested in Unity lately.

Your barrel could greatly benefit from some smooth-grouping. It's extremely faceted, which doesn't really fit. Also, grab some reference images of barrels. I imagine its meant to be like a metal drum? It could really benefit from the suggestion of rims.

Actually the vending machine could really thrive from highlighting the rims as well. In general you could include more detail and visual interest.

I'd edit, but you've only got screenshots. Would you mind posting the actual pixel textures?

Offline Memo

• OHRer
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 12:33:09 am
Sure thing, keep in mind, I'm a n00b and im using wings 3D.

EDIT:COMPUTER!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:10:22 am by Memo »

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 07:05:30 am

Try working more visual interest into the textures, since it's a zombie game I suggest getting really grungy with it; rust, dents, grime, and blood. Use every opportunity to emphasise details and volume, highlight edges, drop shadows, etc. This kind of stuff can really help the readability of the model, and get it to kind of pop out from the environment, sort of like outlining and rim highlighting can with 2D sprites in 2D games (note the bottom of the machine and the left edge in my render).

The front face of the machine could really use a lot more work. I played a little with it, mainly adjusting composition, adding an actual vending machine interface to it and rendering the pistol.

Compact your texture! You're wasting a lot of space in your image. Also, I don't think you even need to have a bottom face on the vending machine at all. Is it even actually possible for the player to ever see it? If not, it's a waste of polygons and texture space to include it.

Uh, forgive my horrible render. I have little knowledge on 3D programs myself  :)

EDIT: Fixed the render
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:17:13 pm by EyeCraft »