AuthorTopic: Cyber Punk.  (Read 3398 times)

Offline God Slayer

• No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. No one.
    • View Profile

Cyber Punk.

on: March 12, 2006, 11:19:19 pm
He decided to stop mooching off of Shucks thread.

Here he is, I consider him finished (Until, of course, your wonderful CC sends me scrambling to fix him)

18 colors.

Thanks for reading!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Cyber Punk.

Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 11:48:53 pm
You should go through all of this and anti-alias it properly. Your AA is your weakest skill right now. Good colours, good design more or less, but... AA

Offline God Slayer

• No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. No one.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 11:59:27 pm
Better?

I don't know how much more AA I can do

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 03:01:37 am

Here's a relatively quick edit for you, to show how I personally would do the AA. It's by no means "the right way," if there is one, I sure don't know it. :-P I diddled with the palette a tiny tiny bit to make my AAing work better: I darkened the darkest red and the two darkest greys, and I also darkened the purple a tad. Here are a few things I was thinking about while doing this,

I try to keep the actual shades that're AAing to a bare minimum, almost never more than two and usually just one.
It also seems to be best to keep most of the AA shades in groups of one or two for most situations.
Remember that AA doesn't go simply where an outline would, look at the top of your AAed head and the top of my AAed head for the difference.
The brighter the pixel is, the bigger it appears to your eyes, examine the colors on the edge of the jaw for a "bent" diagonal line.

It's a great piece, by the way, which is why I decided to do an edit. Hopefully this helps some!

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 05:21:17 pm
I think this is brilliantly drawn, textured and colored, congrats. Alas, there are a couple of not-so minor things that are bothering me: the foreshortening (perspective) on the arms. Here are some suggestions to fixing it, should you choose to:

Your   v1   v2

Since his arms are lifted, it's impossible for the arm with the "gun-hand" to be in front of the other, since the higher arm's elbow would block the gun-hand arm from twisting into that position that you have in your version.

In v1, i placed the higher elevated arm in front of the other, solving that. The hand for the right arm should also be twisted so that the thumb is away from the observer, not with the back of the hand facing us (this would be possibly the most simple correction for you to do). I also corrected the perspective for his coat/armor on the right shoulder, and added volume on the left one so that the elbow bone doesn't stick out of the arm.

In v2, i made the gun arm turn towards us, so that they wouldn't cross (impossibly) over his chest. I had to change the perspective on the gun muzzle (adding more smoke/plasma coming from the gun), and changed muscle shading on the forearm to reflect the perspective change. The edits on the arms and shoulders follow the same idea from v1, and the hand should also be edited to be closer to v1 (didn't edit it on this one).

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 09:24:33 pm
like others have said, the aa needs work. but i think that everything is verry awesome. maybe introduction of black into his mohawk could be beneficial, as it stands it blends into his head when your at a distance.