AuthorTopic: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  (Read 15531 times)

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Re: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 02:16:26 pm
The oompa loompas where computer generated this time round.  Now even the midgit loses his job to the computer/middle eastern.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 02:44:33 pm
The oompa loompas where computer generated this time round.  Now even the midgit loses his job to the computer/middle eastern.

Hah, I thought there was one lone midget and they used the computer to copy and paste him everywhere. Or is it a really good 3D model or something?

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 08:58:19 pm
I thought Depp was while trying to stray 'away' from Gene wilder's performance, a bit stiff. I didn't like him in that role at all. He had a broom up his ass the whole time, and besides that, his teeth creeped me out.

The only reason I went to see if was because of Tim burton directing it, and Danny Elfman's amazing music. WHICH I'm listening to, right now.

You do realize that Willy Wonka was originally intended to be a creepy character, do you not?

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 12:04:28 am
The Oompa Loompas are indeed one guy multiplied by computer. And the sets were actually edible!

I don't know why but I found the songs the Oompa Loompas sung in this movie reminded of Scary Poems for Rotten Kids. (I don't know if anyone else knows about this little book...)

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 12:17:23 am
If I'm not mistaken, the lyrics for the oompa-loompa's songs this time around were actually taken directly from the book.  But I could be wrong...

What did they do with the edible sets after they finished filming?  Did they eat them or what?
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 12:46:53 am
Yea, the sets were edible, well...for the most part,  but I bet they just threw em out.  In an interview Tim Burton said that after a while the set started to smell aweful.

That set was also built on a James Bond sound stage. Little known fact.

And all the squirrels in the nut-sorting room were real, trained squirrels.

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 12:49:33 am
Yea, the sets were edible, well...for the most part,  but I bet they just threw em out.  In an interview Tim Burton said that after a while the set started to smell aweful.

That set was also built on a James Bond sound stage. Little known fact.

And all the squirrels in the nut-sorting room were real, trained squirrels.

That was the only part of the movie I didn't like. I actually cringed when Johnny Depp said "don't touch that squirrel's nuts!"

I hated that.

Offline escape

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 05:41:30 am
Dude, that part was horrible. They just had to throw in some 'phony chiche austin powers dry humor' to ruin the movie FURTHER than it already had been.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 03:11:21 pm
Have you seen the previews for the new tim burton movie coming out? The undead bride or something like that, look slike burton's got his magic back, or maybe he was devoting it to that movie the whole time, and wonka suffered due to it.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: August 25, 2005, 11:10:19 pm
Hah, I thought there was one lone midget and they used the computer to copy and paste him everywhere. Or is it a really good 3D model or something?

I read an article in computer graphics world about how they made the special effects in Charlie in the Chocolate Factory.

So, the oompa-loompas are both real and fake.  Sometimes copied and pasted, other times completely cg.  But the base is all from a single midget.

Apparently the squirrels were fake in half the shots, but the shots where they actually sorted nuts were fake.
rip ninjalicious