AuthorTopic: Some pixels...  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Some pixels...

on: March 12, 2006, 09:09:04 pm
Just showing some pixels I did this weekend...

This is self-portrait, made mainly to practise colour chosing. It felt very good to be making another piece in this style, with tons of dithering you know...

This a WIP I'm working on now. I think I'll use some redish flesh tones, against a dark bg, for the hand. I will also dither it, to merge the colours better. The other part of the pic, which I haven't started yet, should come in two or three days.

And that's it. As always, I'm open to every kind of C&C and if you have any suggestion that would help to improve these please say!

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: Some pixels...

Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 09:51:08 pm
You can reduce the colors on the face, and the bottom lip could use AA on the top-right and bottom-right corners (as of right now, it's too sharp).

The index finger of the hand shouldn't really extend farther than the middle.

The face has a really cool feel to it, like china under a bluish glow. Good luck with the hand. :)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 10:37:03 pm
The index finger of the hand shouldn't really extend farther than the middle.
Unless the middle finger is bent more than the index finger.

Great pieces. I can't wait to see the finished hand.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 09:31:02 pm

Forget the redish flesh tones, I think I'll be going towards something more realistic. After I finish the shading and highlighting I should move on to the render (dither, more aa, details, etc...)

You can reduce the colors on the face, and the bottom lip could use AA on the top-right and bottom-right corners (as of right now, it's too sharp).
Well, I won't be working on this piece until I finish the other one, so I haven't changed anything yet. But you're right about the aaing on the lip. And I could've reduced the colours but then I wouldn't have this softness. Well, maybe I could remove one of the highlights and adapt the other, but I don't feel like doing it :-\

And thanks for the comments :)

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 11:01:57 am
All are Good works  ;)

Good color choices in the face of girl and AA, and the new hand is very good, but i think need more detail.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 07:13:51 pm

I think the update is noticeable. I only worked half an hour on it since yesterday though...

(...) Good color choices in the face of girl and AA (...)
I give up...is everyone going to think I'm a girl? :s

I noticed my image appears slightly desaturated when I post it on the Internet. Does anyone know what it might be?

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 07:17:23 pm
Perhaps the Pixelopolis backgroundcolor..
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 07:24:29 pm
I really like the hand espeacially the postion it's in. I think a bit of fiderling around with the little finger could improve the piece. I would suggest making it not so light so it has a feel of perspective because if you hold your hand out in front of you the little finger and index finger slope down. Apart from that i like it.

Thanks,

Dan
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 10:43:30 pm
Eh? That's you? And you're a guy? And that doesn't look like a guy? So people aren't going to think you're a guy?
Well, maybe you have a more manly reference picture around...? ;D J/k.
I just noticed that the eye looks weird. I think the adjacent hilight is a bit too sudden or something...it just looks odd.
As for the hand, it looks nice. I like that dithering pattern, but I agree with Dan. The ring finger looks a bit odd as well, though I don't know why.