AuthorTopic: Anybody have any questions?  (Read 25114 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Anybody have any questions?

Reply #50 on: December 20, 2009, 05:34:34 am
Aaand then there's the 'zelda perspective' where you just fudge everything but make sure to keep perspectives that express what is important about the environment.

Well, it's certainly interesting, but Zelda: LttP shows that consistency is more important than "correct" perspective. You have to be a pretty good artist to eyeball it and get it right though, so I don't advise trying out styles like that when you're still learning the basics.

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #51 on: February 07, 2010, 03:53:01 am
Thanks for the help on the old question, much to learn from here.

I've got a new one for, whoever.

Do you guys tend to draw stuff horizontally, vertically, or perfectly diagonally aligned with the canvas because it's easier to draw? Am I right in the assumption that sometimes things are easier to draw this way?

I drew an object that had for the most part, a line of symmetry extending from corner to corner of the canvas. I wanted to draw the same object but tilted slightly, so it was about halfway between aligning horizontally and diagonally, but found I had a much harder time doing it, because it was harder aligning the pixels the way I wanted them to.

Actually, this probably only applies to symmetrical things.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #52 on: February 09, 2010, 04:26:02 am
If I understand you correctly - yes, pixelers commonly use angles that the medium of pixels facilitates, such as 0°, 45° and 90°. You know how that works, you do pixels, I see ya!

Not following you on the symmetry part, though.