AuthorTopic: Run! Run away! (first animation)  (Read 2926 times)

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Run! Run away! (first animation)

on: November 10, 2009, 07:03:54 am
Hello, me again. Why do I keep coming back? Oh yeah, pain is good.

So here's what I've been working on today.

It looks like he clips a bit at the end there. Reverse the frames after that? I think you mostly run with both hands on the gun in this case. I just wanted to get the hand out of the way. Or should I animate the hand to go with it? On the other hand, it's probably better to just have him hold the gun with both hands. And have it move up and down.

Any CnC please?

(it is my first running animation for a while, so I may have forgotten a few things.)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Run! Run away! (first animation)

Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:23:17 pm
Then let's remind you of a few things, right : D?

What you've got now is more a compilation of poses that occur in a run. But at times it almost goes backwards. I put a little thing under his feet to show how the ground travels under him while he runs, as if he was on a conveyor belt. As you see his feet never follow the ground below him.

So this would be a way to start off a run. To make a foot that follows his movement over the ground and look good run-wise

after that you can add another foot and some bounce and voila, that's a lot of runningness right there.

If you've got any questions regarding this edit, just go ahead and ask!
' _ '

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 08:01:18 pm
The only question I'd have is to whether or not have both hands hold the gun or not. Nice edit though, thank you! The first one really brings out the awkwardness. I should probably have the gun hand wobble and the ears move as well. Right? (Sorry for the white background, forgot bout that too. Thanks again!)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 08:07:53 pm
Go for both hands for simplicity, the motions the other hand has to do to balance out the gun one are too complicated. Also sure, if you feel like your up for it, do ear wobble. First of all you'd want his whole body to bounce, though, after that you can experiment with small movement details like that.
' _ '

Offline TVboyCanti

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 06:31:56 am
Wow, that' a very useful edit, I will be sure to use that technique the next time I have to make a run/walk animation.