AuthorTopic: [WIP, "Nudity"]Yet another Doll...  (Read 6826 times)

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP, "Nudity"]Yet another Doll...

Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 12:39:06 am
I still say the head is slightly too small. I measured it compared to the reference pic and I'd say its about 1/5 too small. Not much but its noticeable.

The reference is one of those starving models :blind: So emaciated she has no figure to speak of. Just doesn't look natural in my opinion.

Anyway I did an edit of the head where I made it a little larger.

Offline Soleil

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 01:08:16 am
Well gee, show me up why don't ya :'(

That looks so much better than mine :( I now feel like I've gotta go redo everything, shucks. Ok, so then, when I repost the palette after work, I'll repost an edited head along with the palette and see what you all think about it.. :-[

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 02:39:22 am
I should just point out that the rightmost of your reference images is definitely airbrushed, and the middle probably is airbrushed. As the difference in body shape before/after airbrushing can be fairly extreme, I think you need to select references that you can verify are un-airbrushed.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 02:42:07 am
Yeah I actually tweaked the colours in my edit to give more contrast and yellower highlights and purpler hues, but I didn't really mention it.

Offline Soleil

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 09:59:26 am
I should just point out that the rightmost of your reference images is definitely airbrushed, and the middle probably is airbrushed. As the difference in body shape before/after airbrushing can be fairly extreme, I think you need to select references that you can verify are un-airbrushed.

Hehe, they're not my ref images, just images of the girl from the original reference image, wherever that went to.