AuthorTopic: T-Rex: a comic one :P  (Read 3743 times)

Offline jmgandalf

• View Profile

T-Rex: a comic one :P

on: March 08, 2006, 02:37:34 pm

i started this to be a comic like character, so it's not like a real T-Rex, neither in form or proportions :P

But i have a lot of fun doing it :)

I apreciate any C+C

Thanks

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Re: T-Rex: a comic one :P

Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 05:57:39 pm
Jeje its a good work :)

I like the forms and color, but i think the sense is a little "dirty". Try to make a texture for the skin.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:41:51 pm
I really like the colouring on this. Nice and scaly looking. I think the 'dirtiness' that Matriax mentioned gives a more natural texture to the skin.
There are a few things you might want to look at though, like the fact that the foot farthest from us looks to be on backwards (the big toe seems to be on the outside edge). The arms too, I think, are a bit high up, kind of coming out of his neck, and on the arm closest to us, the thumb looks to be almost coming out of the elbow.
Otherwise, nice work, I think it's a great piece. there's something about the colouring I really like :)

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 11:45:51 pm
 Anatomy isn't that important for a comic style. Make sure you vary hues in the shades. Make the highlights appear more yellow and darker shades more blueish for example. Your colors are pretty much dull or boring no offense. Vary the hues will make it better.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 11:49:26 pm by Andy Tran »

Offline garsh

• I'll trade you 9 mouses for a pencil.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 01:43:05 am
I like the shades and texture and colors just like they are. And even though the anatomy is all out of whack, there's something I like about that, too. It's like he's made of modeling clay or something. I think the lack of colorful "blue and yellow" hues adds to that feeling.

Tremulant said everything I would have about the anatomy, so I won't double that, but like I said--there's something enjoyable about his wobbly, disproportionate, gingerbread-cookie-gone-wrong look.

This would be outstanding in a game with other similarly styled characters and backgrounds. I'd love to see your take on a cave man.

Offline jmgandalf

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 06:31:37 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Yeah, I'm aware of the anatomy issues, but as i said, this is mainly a comic character, in which i did a little of experiment with the shading.

I just wanted to draw a T-Rex that i have in my mind, rather than do it with a real reference.

And I'm consider to do more character like this, garsh. Stay tuned ;)