AuthorTopic: [WIP] Another pixeled portrait  (Read 20787 times)

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Another pixeled portrait

Reply #40 on: December 10, 2009, 03:28:44 am
I'm not trying to force anything on you, i just figured i may as well share my opinion. it looks awesome either way.

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Reply #41 on: December 15, 2009, 04:10:47 am
Did a lot of messing with the robe.

The previous version didn't work out very well when I cleaned it up. I run into that problem a lot :yell:

Offline Vampire Elf

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: December 15, 2009, 04:54:17 am
I much prefer this armor design, though the waist could be cinched in a bit, he seems awfully bulky. I do like the other more symetrical/flows away from him style on the ''skirt' more than this current one though, It added some balance.

Offline EvilEye

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: December 16, 2009, 09:25:28 am
Fleshed out the robes a bit more.

Not sure about the bulky comment, maybe it was the lack of shading on the mid-section.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #44 on: December 16, 2009, 07:22:25 pm
I think it's because his chest is so wide compared to his head. In the first one you posted his chest is broken up by a lot of the little details and things sticking out, making it obvious it's just decorative armor or whatever that's giving him so much bulk, but here, it looks more like a tight coat or breastplate, making him look very massive.

Offline EvilEye

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 11:15:24 pm
Well I toned him down a bit chest-wise. I was having some trouble with the robes so I did the old cop-out and just covered part of it up with something else. This is probably closer to what I wanted originally anyway.

*EDIT*

I had to bring the sword in closer because the sprite didn't fit the spritebox for my game.

I got a LCD monitor and it really changed the look of the colors. The black is really noticeable now, almost so much I want to add another shade in between. How do the colors look to everyone else?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 01:13:46 am by EvilEye »