AuthorTopic: Pixelation Rebirth?  (Read 22441 times)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: Pixelation Rebirth?

Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 03:11:42 am
Remaking pixelation? What do you think Pixelopolis is for? Pep mentioned in the start that Pixelopolis was brought live to keep the community from becoming too fractured while he and the other people working behind the scenes prepared the final version.

argh!!! i HATE that blue!
Seconded.

Pep explains it here:
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=3.0

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 05:27:14 am
Nostalgia just hit me incredibly strong.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 06:09:54 am
Nostalgia just hit me incredibly strong.
Agreed.  But I still think that starting a separate forum that just looks like the old Pixelation won't do anything.  Despite the fact that this place looks nothing like the old Pixelation, it feels like pixelation.  Pep and gang will let us know when they're ready to move over to the new Pixelation; Pixelopolis was a temp forum from the get-go.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 08:23:08 am
Wow. I think I may just cry. I loved that forum...
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 04:55:43 am
But I still think that starting a separate forum that just looks like the old Pixelation won't do anything.  Despite the fact that this place looks nothing like the old Pixelation, it feels like pixelation.  Pep and gang will let us know when they're ready to move over to the new Pixelation; Pixelopolis was a temp forum from the get-go.
Aye, aye, ye speak truth.
As for the accuracy of the forum, it is a rather wonderful likeness. I do sorta miss the nice, comfiness of those colors. This forum is like a new house; though it may be filled with the same great people, the walls remain barren and empty.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 07:33:44 am
I prefer the pixelopolis colours to the pixelation blue, personally.

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 08:17:45 am
I think, because we don't really have people liking it equally, we shoudl just make the site skinnable, with the old pixelation blue available and the new, Pixelopolis style available as well. Then everyone is happy! :D
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

Captain Blood

Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 01:17:55 pm
Agreed.  But I still think that starting a separate forum that just looks like the old Pixelation won't do anything.  Despite the fact that this place looks nothing like the old Pixelation, it feels like pixelation.

I disagree.  There's not been even one single moment where this forum has felt anything like Pixelation to me.  Hard to say why exactly.  I just felt much more comfortable there.  I got on better with people and the general feel of the place.  Pixelopolis just feels...empty to me....

Oh, and I like the blue.  That was pretty much my favorite forum and the good ol' blue look just appealed to me and had me spending a lot of time there browsing the artwork.  This damn SMF default skin just pisses me off and I'm a member of about 4 SMF forums who still ain't got around to coming up with a decent skin so they all look pretty much identical. 

Offline mikembley

• Pow!
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 04:28:37 pm
That's a good comment.. And i totally agree, I was just showing it was possible to remake the site but maybe somebody else such as Pep go ahead and sort it out.. It's more of a community thing to get rolling, I think people should start speaking out more instead of thinking "Oh, I shouldn't say that otherwise someone might disagree"

BTW the SMF pixelopolis forum look's cool when you press the button :D, Anyone agree

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: March 11, 2006, 03:52:37 am
the old pixelation forum... it was just, i cant explain it but even when i first joined it as a total noob, it felt very inviting. agreeing with xion, this place is just barren to me.