AuthorTopic: Pixelation Rebirth?  (Read 22451 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Pixelation Rebirth?

Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 02:27:34 am
im getting an error

personally, i dont think i remember pixelation at all, i dont think i was a member.  or perhaps it was related to pixel academy? THAT was something i was sad to see go
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 03:51:51 am
pixel academy? THAT was something i was sad to see go

ouch..
i like to call that the dark erra...
almost quit pixels

ANYWYAS
i feell...
its not the appearance or fancy features of a forum that make it good.
its the people. the members are the ones that make the community.
you will never have pixelation back ever the same. some of those members quit and then new ones here joined. changes personality and atmosphere.
think of it like this... you get together with some good friends and you always hang out at this one persons house just cause.. well one day you end up just wandering out in the streets. you still have a goodtime. you still enjoy whos around. basically its all the same.. just scenery is different.

i duno.
i could care less
i feel its the members who make the community.. not the skin, though i didnt mind the blue ;)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 04:22:42 am
... you get together with some good friends and you always hang out at this one persons house just cause.. well one day you end up just wandering out in the streets. you still have a goodtime. you still enjoy whos around. basically its all the same.. just scenery is different.

What?

I do notice a difference between the peeps here and at the old Pixelation.
I dunno. The old pixelation seemed more...robust and active. Sure, there are cool people here, and it's a cool place to get crits, but there were more people on the old forums, and the cool ones were more active.

Like someone said in another thread about making a banner for this forum, I'm still hoping this forum's just a temp.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 05:06:14 am

I do notice a difference between the peeps here and at the old Pixelation.
I dunno. The old pixelation seemed more...robust and active. Sure, there are cool people here, and it's a cool place to get crits, but there were more people on the old forums, and the cool ones were more active.

and what??
making a new forum with the old pixelation theme will bring them back? the community has changed.. its matured/evovled/ whatevre word you want to fill that in with.. it wont go back.
not to be an ass.. but things are always changing.
dont mourn over the past.. make better the present

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 05:14:52 am
I'm not mourning. I'm remembering and comparing. This new forum's still cool. But the old one was cooler.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 10:10:36 am
I've been on the pixel scene years and years and I think it's probably your experience that's painting it as such. Everybody fondly remembers the forum as being best when they first arrived at it, I guess. It's natural. As far as meaningful critique per post ratio goes, I think we're in a pretty good place, only second to when pixelation was new new new and there were 10 people on the forum all trading absurdly extensive critique, slapped graph paper on each other's art and generally invented a lot of the terminology we use now.

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 07:21:38 pm
Yeah, there always have been posts like this where people complain how it was no longer how it used to be, that some of the old great artists were never around anymore, or just that the general attitude in the community changed.  My favorite time to think back on is when I first joined Pixelation as well, but, that was 4-5 years ago and it'd be foolish to expect us to get anywhere near that again.  I actually like Pixelopolis a lot more compared to Pixelation in some of its stages, there were times when, yeah, we had all those people, but so many posts would fall off the first page without any replies.  And if you did get a reply it was only one or two of them and a lot of times they weren't very useful.  This place is so much more helpful and that doesn't happen nearly as much as often.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 08:04:46 pm
Im not sre i really see why this new forum would be a temp one.  granted its a bit short on active members, but thats because people are still finind out about it.  to make yet another forum would just confuse the issue, because it would require shifting everything.  I personally like the gray here, though perhaps some will disagree with me .... i likes me my blandness :P

this place i have to say is pretty sweet, but i think it lacks the number of real veteran pixellers that older communities had. that though is something that takes time, not a new forum.  A new orum is starting over, and what we have here is pretty good.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 04:09:20 pm
It's a pain in the ass, but the added features of a more customized forum software should be worth it.  It would be the same community, same site, just migrated.  We don't plan on running a new forum concurrently with this one, that'd be dumb :P

I've been a (sometimes silent) member of this community since the beginning, so I'm not too worried about another switch now.  Everyone always manages to find their way home.
typing ewith fdace

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 10:05:46 pm
Remember the 100 character rule? That was great.

All I remember was that Pixelation was the reason i even started pixeling, seeing all of those great works... It all just made me want to be a great pixeler.

Are you guys aware that our news box hasn't changed for months?
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.