AuthorTopic: Spiral Wank  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Spiral Wank

on: October 19, 2009, 07:03:30 pm
Hey guys I made a thing because I was bored.  I tried doing something different and new (to me) and I was just wanting some more hardcore analysis/critique.

Also I made a 3x3 font as many have done before, but I like it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:37:05 pm by ptoing »
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Re: Spiral Wank

Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 01:41:33 pm
Pixelling aside I see a major problem with composition. 50% of your piece is blank space and the other half is made up of tiny condensed details. There's no reason for microscopic characters and pinprick text when you have that much empty space to work with. Even if this is a fake for a game (which I'm not sure if it is?) composition and proportion should be the first issue that gets addressed.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Re: Spiral Wank

Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 02:42:46 pm

To be perfectly honest there wasn't any compositional intention in this.   Its more just having fun and trying to get around a creative block.

3x3 text was a personal challenge that I'm yet to conquer.  Z and G elude me, and m and w are cheating.

Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.