AuthorTopic: Plague Dr4gon  (Read 8093 times)

Offline Kennethfejer

• View Profile

Plague Dr4gon

on: March 06, 2006, 10:14:44 pm
hi all,
was in the mood to draw a dragon, so i decided to make one, that could be used in a sidescroller.
turned out looking like a crossbreed between a t-rex and a dragon, but meh... might do another one later on.

let me know what you think.

Offline mikembley

• Pow!
    • View Profile

Re: Plague Dr4gon

Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:43:49 pm
Pimpin purple.. The only thing i don't like is that i can't see the right side of the dragon..
Try some more colour's it's cool.

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 10:59:08 pm
Wow, I absolutely love that design. It's simple ... but different. Very nice.
What're those little black things? It almost kinda looks like it's raining chocolate.
EDIT: Oh, couldst they be some sort of plague, mayhaps?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 11:02:16 pm by Razz »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 11:13:46 pm
the scale of the body and its head takes away some of the scariness of it. which stinks cuz it looks really cool also, it bothers me that not even shadows of the other side can be seen he looks almost off balance with just one foot. lovin it tho :)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 01:01:05 am
No offense, man, but I really like this one alot less than some of your other works.
I dunno, I just think that, as far as design goes, this one seems so...wonky. It's a purple T-rex with wings and wierd black things. They look to me like black eyes with red pupils, but it's hard to tell... The arm is way too short, and the tail sections seem to be too uneven and jerky.
:-/...
Really, not to come off as rude - I do like the head+neck and the leg and the wing - but from you, I've seen much better.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 01:11:00 am
more highlights in places, and lighter shades on it i think would bring it out more, and maybe add some of the other side of the dragon there too, kinda looks bad without it atm, know this is a sidescroller, still i don't think his legs and arms are gonna be exactly behind the other ones
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 05:38:32 pm
I actually enjoy looking at this pic alot. I could imagine a horror game involving only those lil black plague thingies hehe. As for the dragon itself, the design is rather good, however his finger-nails might look better if they were purplish-white like the rest of his nails. Also the highlights/red-shines on the spines might look better if they were near the top of each spine, but thats just my opinion, it will remain a solid piece even without the changes.

Offline Lid

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 06:23:09 pm
Cool. Are you going to animate him?! Is it sprite for side-scrolling game?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 06:25:46 pm by Lid »

Offline Chris

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 01:17:53 am
Kenneth, a fan like always!

I really like the design, but like some have already mentioned, i see some shit going on:

1) The fact that you applied a lot of highlights on the face (wich is a small area) and only created a couple of them on the body makes (the much more larger area of) the dragon seem empty

2)I agree with the fact that it looks a bit odd without the right side at least insinuated, but in-game i think it would looks just fine, and its been done in tons of games.

3)The nail area on the foot/paw, should be more highlighted, it would be fairly normal to assume the same should happen with the chest.

Great work, love those critters!

Offline Kennethfejer

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 03:04:06 am
hi all,
thanks for the comments.
here's an update, hopefully it'll looks a bit better then my first rushed version.

feel free to comments, i wont work any more on it though.... unless i've made a major mistake somewhere :)