AuthorTopic: BG tiles for a Game (Giant robot included :P)  (Read 6844 times)

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Re: BG tiles for a Game (Giant robot included :P)

Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 09:51:38 pm
wow thanks for taking time to do that pic! id like to use that shadowing drop off type of tiling, but as you can see i dont have very much tiling space on the floor so i dont know if it would look particularly good. i have an English essay to complete atm (this is procrastination :P) but when im done ill probably whip up some tests

just wanted to comment:

This is one of my favorite pieces I have seen in a while. I really would like to see the giant robot in motion. I'm sure it would be breath takingly scary. good work, and keep it up. I look forward to some updates :)

why thank you :P, the robot has really complicated animation rigging, so it looks really awesome while animating. thanks for the praise as well! ill be sure to send you a link of the game when its done :P which should be in a month and half or so if i have the time.
Originally posted by Jeff

I AM A GIANT DONUT MANATEE

Offline Pixelized

• View Profile

Re: BG tiles for a Game (Giant robot included :P)

Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 04:07:56 am
Most of those references are really unrealistic and bad. The "rust" reference is just metal recolored to be brown, and the concrete looks more like asphalt. I don't even know why he'd need ceramic tiles, either.

Yeah I know they are bad... I was just trying to give examples on what you can find :P I by no means said that they were great  :mean:

So has there been any update to this yet? Would love to see some progress pics.