AuthorTopic: [wip] Far Away Trains Passing By (C64) + my tall-pixel experiment (new) :D  (Read 7922 times)

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs
thank you!

This is the same issue I've had with a lot of your past works. More details and stuff doesn't make a better picture all the time, and especially with mood pieces I think it usually detracts.
you're right, usually i have too many ideas to incorporate in just one piece. that wouldn't be much of a problem if we were discussing bigger canvases, but the resolution of 160/200 pixels is just not enough. sometimes i create the details one by one separately (as was the case here, since i worked on it nights, a few in a row), then search nervously for some space where to place them. you end up with having too many details just like i did with this one. frankly, i wouldn't know what to do with them if not the edit where you have this fresh insight in the design you look at all the time. yeah, it's much more atmospheric without the star layer and, as quicksilva says, much more balanced without the purple shit on the left (your edit adds some more depth top the scene).
alright, then i'll try to eradicate this nasty habit (i'm just recalling the industrial dawn feedback you gave me and it turned out to be one of my most successful pieces), just as the necktwisting problem. thanks for pointing that out, i do appreciate it.
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides
no worries. Canvas size has nothing to do with it. Doing one idea justice is hard enough, doing 10 of them in the same piece is always much more difficult even if the piece is huge.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs
that's right, but if i had a bit bigger canvas size i could always expand the composition so that all the details are not in the same place all at once. nevertheless, as what we have agreed on before, the case with mood pieces is that the less is the better, or the more space the better the impact -- whatever the canvas size, that's right.

and what do you think about the tall-pixel piece?
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy