AuthorTopic: [C+C]Boy  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Phones

• Darn Right
    • View Profile

[C+C]Boy

on: October 15, 2009, 01:16:11 am
Decided I'd try my hand at making a larger pixel art character. I've done what I could, but now I'd like some assistance refining it. C+C of course. Thanks.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

V1
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

V2
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:34:47 pm by Phones »

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Re: [C+C]Boy

Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 01:44:56 am
Hmm, lots of colours but little volume. Needs divergence of highlight and shadow to un-flatten it. Picking a different light source and emphasising it more would pop the character more. Head/face especially could use some attention to volumes.

AA is adding blur. The hair looks strange because its AA'd on on the outside of the outline but not the inside.

Looks like he is missing an arm, rather than that it's behind him. Possibly comes from lack of definition of shoulders, viewer cant tell how they are oriented.

Headphones in the hair kind of just read as noise, I only just figured out what they were. Try clarifying them.

Offline Phones

• Darn Right
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]Boy

Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 08:04:11 pm
Ah, I see now. Thank you.
Here's the updated version.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:34:54 pm by Phones »