AuthorTopic: [Very WIP] Doctor Who  (Read 3924 times)

Offline Koi Kami Mauro

• View Profile

[Very WIP] Doctor Who

on: October 02, 2009, 12:59:44 am
I was doodling at class when I doodled a Tenth and a Cyberman in sort of a Cave Story style. And then I had a vague idea for how a Cave Story-esque Doctor Who game would work. So I did this.

It's supposedly the Tenth. I'm doing the Cyberman, and then the TARDIS; perhaps I'll then start animating the Tenth Doctor. Or maybe sprite the Eleventh. And the other nine.

EDIT: C&C, of course.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Re: [Very WIP] Doctor Who

Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 09:31:35 am
the outline of the nose renders reading difficult at x1, and hair alongs the ear reads like a third eye ::)

Offline Koi Kami Mauro

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:36:14 am
the outline of the nose renders reading difficult at x1, and hair alongs the ear reads like a third eye ::)

I'll experiment with the sideburn, but I'm a bit wary of touching the nose. He would be used at 2x, anyways.

Offline Koi Kami Mauro

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 04:00:25 pm

EDIT: I found a better reference of the Cyberman.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:06:57 pm by Koi Kami Mauro »

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 01:28:23 pm
Imho, they're something odd with your big-headed characters: no matter how oversized the head is, it should be still be balanced around the neck.
Here, you have virtually the neck right under the chin. You should try to "center" the body and the head together.

Offline Koi Kami Mauro

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 07:29:32 pm
Imho, they're something odd with your big-headed characters: no matter how oversized the head is, it should be still be balanced around the neck.
Here, you have virtually the neck right under the chin. You should try to "center" the body and the head together.

Yeah, I have the exact same problem when drawing them. I blame learning to draw by drawing Sonic the Hedgehog.