AuthorTopic: RPG Sprites [WIP]  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Pixelized

• View Profile

RPG Sprites [WIP]

on: September 28, 2009, 09:58:26 am
Ok... So far I only have one sprite done. There will be several more character sprites possibly including the "Tank (Hardcore meatshield)" "The Acrobat (ranger type class) and "The ninja (stealthy hidey guy)" A little background on the game.

The game is going to be created with Game Maker for my final project for my college course. It is going to be an RPG sidescroller (may be just changed to a sidescroller with RPG elements :P) with different enemies, and several different character classes. No idea for storylines so far, probably just the generic "Defeat the evil (Insert evil sounding name here) Guy and save the hot princess." Gameplay for at least the ninja will be like playing a rogue on most rpgs. Not too much health but can hide and sneak around, stealth kills, etc. Something a little new that I am adding is going to be the ability to hide behind bushes, trees, inside trashcans, in the shadows (of course) and so on and so forth. Now because this class is based around programming the graphics don't have to be perfect.... even though I want them to be. Also because I lack skill they probably won't be. So I am basically going for readability while looking relatively good. Also I am not even sure if this is the style of sprite I want to go with. Everything is up in the air at this very moment so I am taking suggestions, C+C, bashing, etc :P

Without further ado, the ninja class

Remember, hardcore C+C, I want to finish this sprite up and see what I can do with this style.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:29:22 am by Pixelized »

Offline Pixelized

• View Profile

Re: RPG Sprites

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 07:53:31 pm
Update! Added some weapons, a ninja star, kunai and a kama. C+C please :D

Next is attack animations

EDIT
Apparently image shack is having issues loading my sprite.... came out all fuzzy... so here is a photobucket upload.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 07:58:07 pm by Pixelized »