AuthorTopic: [WIP] my pixel works, needs CC thank you! [new sprites added 9/29/09]  (Read 2754 times)

Offline sk8erace1

• View Profile
Hey everyone I'm kinda new to pixel art but its been a couple of years since I started,
I would appreciate if some of you could critique my pixel art album and tell me of any improvements I can make to any of the pieces
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee198/sk8erace1/Pixel%20Art/

please tell me anything I can do to fix / make better / to train my pixel skills and get better
I would really like a pixel mentor to help me with this stuff as well someone I could PM/IM for help when its needed if possible.
Please anyone out there try and help as best you can I know I'm not great but hey I'm here to improve my skills :)

thanks to anyone that contributes
please reply asap thank you
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:07:03 pm by sk8erace1 »

Offline circuscommando

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] my pixel works, needs CC thank you!

Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 04:34:02 am
quick note- most of it is pillow shading, add some dithering, you might be able to cut down the colors on the ground tile as well.
he hobbles and hobbles.

Offline sk8erace1

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] my pixel works, needs CC thank you!

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:58:19 am
I know the shoulders are pillow shaded but everything else?
I couldn't really get a decent look out of them :(

are there any other tips that I could use?
I'm really interested in bettering my skills so if anyone of you out there could mentor me on your spare time that would be great, thanks

Edit:
OK I've been working on a few more sprites recently please help me improve on them as much as possible :)

heres my try at a 3/4 perspective to understand how its done please ignore the shading
It was done quickly to define the basic shape of the objects
please help for some reason my 3/4 cones and shapes don't look right as is >.<

here's a silver Porsche that I've been working on I would love to get some CC on it.. I tried to stray away from pillow shading as much as possible
thank you

here's my crap attempt at a sand tile D: please help me improve on it

tried to make a character in a few frames (no shading) something looks off about it so far..

thanks for all your help
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:01:56 pm by sk8erace1 »