AuthorTopic: wolverine  (Read 8714 times)

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Re: background comp - c and c please

Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 12:08:25 am
theyre standing like the ground is flat yet they're on a hill and the same is with the shadows.
Dude, defying logic is the in thing to do these days. All the cool kids are doing it!

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Re: background comp - c and c please

Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 12:49:23 am
These are still jpgs.  Even the one you linked to is a jpg.  It says ".jpg"

This is the only non jpg you have on your photobucket account of this image:

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: wolverine

Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 08:01:40 am
Okay, they're jpegs, image bucket converts them, but they look exactly like the bitmap's anyway. Cos no-one
gets the hill, I'm thinking about doing another one. Double dragon perspective, but having the buildings same
size as for Mslug.

Ioxoz- do you really think in a game they would make different sprites for when a charcter is standing on a hill? That's why it looks like they're standing on flat ground.

More stuff. Been playing too much Castlevania:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 04:58:29 am by sharprm »
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Zoggles

• Conjuring stuff
    • View Profile
    • Mini Wizard Studios

Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 10:25:35 am
I got that it was on a hill from the doorways, but the extrusion angle of 45º makes the perspective look a little funny, even if it's consistent everywhere and correct. The hill however, is incredibly steep when you think about it. Something bugs me about the square man-hole cover thing on the road but not sure what - perhaps the lightsource, not sure.

Perhaps some extra scenery would help to enforce the 'hill' intention, like a garbage can or milk bottles or garbage. These would sit at an angle (based on the normal to the street) compared to the doors and wall decorations. However, with the current steepness of the hill, you would wonder how it stays in place and upright.

-Z-

Sorry if I don't seem to ever comment on your posts, but anything hosted on imageshack or most image hosting web sites is blocked from China. If I can't see it I can't therefore comment on it :(

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 10:50:04 am
You seriously need to sort out that knee. It is bugging the crap out of me. It is not right. Just get rid of the hilight, o don't make it look like his knee cap is 2 metres out of his legs.

No I don't like to exaggerate....
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 02:06:26 am
Look at my King of sprites, Long.

Finally got gif to work.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 02:09:54 am by sharprm »
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 02:22:38 am
Pretty nice, but is he trying to protect a certain area (say, just below his waist) from perhaps a concussive blow or something similar...?
I'd say he needs a wider stance and some desaturation. His forearms are different radii. The near one is all scrawny and thin, but the distant one is thick and meaty. Also, the hilights are inconsistent. His hands are also different sizes. It's a bit odd that he only has smoke coming out of one nostril...is the other one clogged?
Methinks you should solidify the basic pose and structure before moving on to animation, and remember that animation is not just using the select tool to shift/rotate different parts around.
I do like the veins in the arm and neck, and the leg doesn't look too bad. Keep at it.

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 05:35:41 am
I woudl say slow down the animation, right now it looks like he really needs to go to the toilet. The face portrait is good though, well done.
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 05:43:43 am
Yep, the pose and animation could use some work. The next one I do will be better. I didn't notice it until you pointed it out - he does look he's gotta go.  :)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 11:59:29 pm
Here's my smoking baby! It was really hard to make (the reference wouldn't stop coughing)  :)

C and C welcome.