AuthorTopic: [WIP] Knight  (Read 7306 times)

Offline TPoe

• RoyalePoe
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/20746.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Knight

Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 10:58:08 pm
well yes it would tend to look banded wouldnt it?

being as how the one i edited wasnt the big one that TPoe is working on but one of the small ones that he posted in the first post, but blown up so u can see it. (as i said in the post)

I think the new bigger edit has even more banding. It might be a good idea to revise your shading knowledge.

TPoe, I really like the linearts btw, I think this piece has a bit of potential still left to use up.

Thanks, but I can't really think of anything, do you have any suggestions? or tips? or whatever.

*EDIT
I tried adding something to it.
Roughly supposed to be a Goblin under his foot. is this pose any better?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 12:09:30 am by TPoe »

Offline STE 86

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 12:13:21 am

being as how the one i edited wasnt the big one that TPoe is working on but one of the small ones that he posted in the first post, but blown up so u can see it. (as i said in the post)

I think the new bigger edit has even more banding. It might be a good idea to revise your shading knowledge.

TPoe, I really like the linearts btw, I think this piece has a bit of potential still left to use up.

and i think your "arty" preconceptions about banding are full of sh*t so we'll just have to disagree :)

Steve

Offline TPoe

• RoyalePoe
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/20746.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 01:43:04 am

and i think your "arty" preconceptions about banding are full of sh*t so we'll just have to disagree :)

Steve

My topic, please don't fight on it. Thank you.

*EDIT

I really need some help with the hands, but i think it looks pretty good otherwise, I'm just expirimenting with the scratches and stuff, I have a clean version so I can just patch parts up if i need to.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:24:24 am by TPoe »

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 05:20:48 am
nasty tangent where the arrow lines up with his head, quick solution would be stick the arrow in his other shoulder

Offline STE 86

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 07:15:49 am
apologies, it is indeed your thread.

i am just quick to annoy these days, when i did not seek opinion on my demo to u.

anyway, the comment about the arrow was correct, but a simpler fix may be just to x-flip the arrow so it stays in the same shoulder but angles the other way.

Steve

edit:

close the right fist and plant it against the hip. the pose might be a bit melodramatic but it will get u out of a hole. left hand needs to be raised a bit and the arm sloped down to the elbow. atm the sword hilt is far too short. it should be about half again as long.

pose bit like like that :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:55:40 pm by STE 86 »

Offline Bissle

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 09:26:37 am
Your new version looks great; good form and I like the red highlights. STE's advice is good--the arrow should be moved, and a more dramatic pose would be nice, but far from necessary.

Offline STE 86

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 10:37:32 am
whoops i forgot to say what my edit was in reply to. it looks just like i was making work, but it was in fact a workaround for Tpoe saying he was having trouble with the hands :)

Steve