AuthorTopic: Rain project  (Read 2854 times)

Offline politopo

• View Profile

Rain project

on: September 14, 2009, 05:20:17 am
Do you remember this http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=7694.0 old mockup?
well, my programmers moved, and we are making the game... here I post a new tileset.

In next daysI will start post also some new animations.
Asalways c&c really apprteciated...

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Re: Rain project

Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 06:13:06 am
I get the impression the character won't stand out enough from the background. The palettes are very similar, and the contrast actually looks higher on the background. I wonder if you actually need so much definition in the walls to convey that they are brick. At the moment they have the danger of being noisy.

Here's an edit I did with some ideas for what you could do to convey texture, reduce noise, add interest and lower contrast.

Offline politopo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:39:24 am
Thank you, I will work on it. Truly I often make the mistake of using too much contrast for the background... I thik I 'll keep the blocks I have now for the foreground and make less detailed and contrasted for the background...

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 10:50:25 am
Based on the number of repeated elements, I think you could get the same amount of detail in your structures with much fewer tiles if you halved the tilesize.