AuthorTopic: [wip] Character design remakes take 2 or 3 or something  (Read 18594 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: [wip] Character design remakes take 2 or 3 or something

Reply #50 on: September 17, 2009, 01:57:06 am
I'm not sure I follow how the suspenders would be shaped like that, and I don't think that the blue ends up adding anything personally.  I'll agree that the fur-lined leather jacket would be pretty cool and probably easier to animate than fully realized arms.

I don't see how puffy pants make people bother and sister, especially when they have different hair, skin, and eye color.

Outfits with the shirt color matching the pants color is somewhat rare except in suits/uniform, or if things are white/black/grey.  Personally I'm not feeling the full green and greens have a terrible tendency to become a part of any background, i'd split them up and choose a better color myself.

Also mike has some good advice if you get past antagonisms, such as the fluttering ribbon being unnecessary.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #51 on: September 17, 2009, 02:15:43 am
Hey whatever makes you feel better about your design lol.  Personally I don't care what you do with them.  It's only taken you what, 3 years to come up with what you have so far?  Good job I say!

Also "butthurt" seriously?  I could've swore I just left 4chan...

One more thing, that guys hat is too big and would not fit on his head the way it is now.  I suggest you at least taper it downward.  Oh and the added ribbon to the hat is beyond superfluous, seems like you added it on a whim and the fold to it doesn't make sense.  ???

One more thing, you denying your character being a rip off was in your own words.  :y:  I in no way implied that you were ripping it off merely stating a resemblance. :P  You were the one who looked into that too much.  Another observation I have about him is his body type is a lot like Hellboy's.  Doesn't mean I think you are ripping him off.
you

i like you

i'll try messing with the hat,
and yeah the ribbon was really added for literally no reason at all lol

I'm not sure I follow how the suspenders would be shaped like that, and I don't think that the blue ends up adding anything personally.  I'll agree that the fur-lined leather jacket would be pretty cool and probably easier to animate than fully realized arms.
well suspenders were pretty much one final lazy attempt with this
i dont even really like how they turned out now so i'll give the jacket idea a shot

Outfits with the shirt color matching the pants color is somewhat rare except in suits/uniform, or if things are white/black/grey.  Personally I'm not feeling the full green and greens have a terrible tendency to become a part of any background, i'd split them up and choose a better color myself.
yeah the green was probably a bad idea, i was just looking for a new color to get rid of the pure black/grey thing she had going on
i'll still dick around with that for awhile before i finally find something i like

Offline CaKsTeR

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: September 17, 2009, 03:51:01 am
What's going on with the big guy's knee caps?

Offline skittles.loli

• View Profile

Reply #53 on: September 17, 2009, 05:33:42 pm
Wow I really like this, I've been gone longer than I thought!
#4 looks so much more feminine now, and green really brings out the blonde hair, maybe desaturate it a bit so it blends with the more grayish tone of the rest of the crew. If the green still looks like too much I would suggest either coloring one item (pants/top) gray(or some other neutral color) or lighten the item on her hips to a med/light gray color, it might help make the green look less intense after you desaturate it.
I like that high shoe/puffy pants transition you got going on with #3, what if you did that to #4 to show a bit more leg? It could be tricky, it could be easy just throwing it out there.

The suspenders look alright on #2, though I think they would be more stretching against his belly, they seem pretty slack to be holding up his pants.
I did like the coat but the suspenders made him look like a good guy while the coat made him look like a badass good guy or a bad guy.

Is that fire that #3 has? I think someone mentioned before you'd want to make it look more like light reflecting and not like he spilled wine on his clothes and face. But I can't remember if you said anything about that and I'm too lazy to double check.

:y: