AuthorTopic: [WIP] Inswordniac  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

[WIP] Inswordniac

on: September 08, 2009, 07:18:51 am
So, I took a break from my other "Stasis" topic, and I made this little thing. It's been something that's been in my head for a few days now. Probably cliche, but oh well. Anyways, I was trying to be stylistic as well as try to shift hues more than I normally do (ie, Straight ramps). So less talk, more necroness:

C&C Please. Also, since he's so small, and since the sword would be interesting to play with weight and gravity, I might try animating him some...We'll see.

Sokota
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 05:31:03 am by Sokota »

Offline thedaemon

• thedaemon
    • View Profile
    • personal website

Re: Insomniac Swordsman

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 01:09:45 am
I think the black outline is unnecessary with his small size. His forarms are really long looking, and the space you have of 1 pixel around the left wrist makes it looks weird too. I know that the blade is large and heavy, but I suggest raising it up (the arms I mean) to get a cleaner silhouette.
gemini://thedaemons.space
https://thedaemons.space

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Re: Insomniac Swordsman

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 05:30:16 am
Okay, well I tried to take what you said into consideration, and this is what happened:

I really think the black outline adds to the style, if you will, but yeah. Is this a step in the right direction? I raised the arms, changed a few pixels on the leg/groin area, and altered the sword of course. Also made his eyes the same size. Better?

Sokota

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Re: [WIP] Inswordniac

Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 09:04:33 am
check your silhouette, you may need a stronger pose, especially for a huge sword.  my example is a little bigger, but i hope it gets the point across.

there's a word for it, but i'm not too sure what it is.  try to have the shoulders and hips counter each other and converge rather than be parallel.