AuthorTopic: [WIP] Old Man running/walking :)  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Seele07

• View Profile

[WIP] Old Man running/walking :)

on: September 05, 2009, 12:29:55 pm
Hello all,

Today, i did my first running/walking animation since aaages  :D .

Please tell me, what you think, that i can improve on this:

(Frames)

(Animation)

I, for myself, can see some errors, that can be improved, too. e. g. The Beard isn't swinging in the wind and it's hard to tell, that one leg isn't on the ground while the body is one pixel up in that special frame (dunno, how that frame is called..) .

Greetings,
Ingo

Offline Morden

• View Profile
    • Morden の不気味な日記

Re: [WIP] Old Man running/walking :)

Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 03:52:28 pm
I love low resolution sprites, and I like this one, too. The only thing I would fix are the feet. Are his shoes supposed to be curved upwards? It looks like he's walking on his heels when the sprite is animated. Also, he is putting his foot far too much forward I think, which is particularly visible with his right foot. I know the left one is identically placed, but we can see how the right one connects to the body and it looks as if he was about to check if the water in the pool is cold.

Another thing is his arm. When it moves back it goes flat as if two or so pixels were missing. Nobody walks with their arms completely straight, so bend the arm a bit and it will be fine. Other than that, it's a fun sprite. It just needs some minor tweaks.

Offline Seele07

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Old Man running/walking :)

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 04:58:11 pm
Hey, Morden, Thank you for your Comment and Tipps :) .

Here is an Edit:

(Frames)

(Anim)

Greetings,
Ingo

PS: I'll shade it, when the Anim is *perfect*  ;) . ( I hope, i have the Power to set that true X_x but i think positive today :) )

PPS: Funny Edit:

(Anim)

(Wanted to animate the Hair - don't take it to serious ;) any Idea, how to fix that? Because, just one Pixel up and down don't look good, because that Pixel is like fixed in the Air)

Edit2: This is what i mean:

(Anim)

(Same goes with One Pixel up and the *other* One in the same position - One Pixel that hangs around in the Air fixed)
 ???
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 05:26:34 pm by Seele07 »