AuthorTopic: {WIP} Grim reaper  (Read 7752 times)

Offline Luminous_Reaver

• Died Trying
    • View Profile

Re: {WIP} Grim reaper

Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 01:32:55 pm
Can you kinda explain "thinking with outlines" Your free to edit it to correct a mistake.
Adcrusher probably explained it better than I could have. I think Jad was trying to say the same thing, too.

Here's an example of how I usually work...

...I'm sure I made plenty of mistakes myself, (:() but they're not important right now. Your latest edit kind of fixes some of the problems your original had, but it still seems to me as if you're only coloring your line art, and not defining a skull. ...Yeah, you're probably going to want to wait for someone more experienced and articulate to help you out. Sorry if I'm not being helpful.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 12:36:08 am by Luminous_Reaver »

Offline Pixel Muffin

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 10:35:02 pm
 :wah: God damn. Pardon my french. Wow, thats a lot better than the skull I put up. I get exactly what your saying. I should work on that a lot more. Thanks for the help Ill have an edit soon. :D

Edit:
Made some serious changes.

Worked on the head, And now I've erased the "folds and wrinkles" in the hood, Just defined the light (if even that)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:54:09 pm by Pixel Muffin »

Offline Luminous_Reaver

• Died Trying
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 02:07:35 am
I'm not exactly good with cloth, and I didn't have time to look for the greatest references... You can tell I got stumped for a while because there are four almost identical progress thingies. (:sry:) I also think I screwed up somewhere down the line because I was too lazy to really reshade the skull once I draped some cloth over it. In the end I decided to make the eyes smaller to make more room for some kind of expression....the vertebra I added in at the last second almost seems like it could be the lower jaw, which makes it kind of look like a smile in the end. If I were to continue I'd try and work with that. I'm not sure if I strayed too far from your original intention, but I digress, this might help you find something to do with that hood of yours, possibly.

So I think your piece has seen a lot of improvement, but, well, it still has a lot of outline. I suppose that's fine, but I think it's hurting you more than it's helping you right now. There's also a little bit of random dithering inside the hood that just seems off.

Offline Pixel Muffin

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 09:45:45 pm
So your post got me wondering, I have gotten rid of the hood once again.

Tell me what you think of the skull.