AuthorTopic: Fat old farmer.  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Fat old farmer.

on: September 04, 2009, 02:40:44 am

Gotcha! Now that I see my lady on the forum, it looks like she's got a serious case of anorexia...but I can't be bothered to fix it right now, so unless you think it really hurts the piece I think I'll let it slide.

Offline Bissle

• View Profile

Re: Fat old farmer.

Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 06:30:21 am
Whoa, you're right about that waist! Other than that, there aren't any major problems with this sprite, it looks pretty good.. Unless it's a style your going for, perhaps you could break up the black outlines some... ? Some people might say her jaw line/chin needs to be softened, but it's more interesting to me like this.

what's her hair supposed to be? Ox-horns? It's a little hard to tell.

Update soon... or tell me I'm wrong, lol  :y:

Offline Morden

• View Profile
    • Morden の不気味な日記

Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 09:36:47 am
There's one thing I have noticed [except for the waist, of course]. This is just an observation, though. Usually, when someone is holding a shield, it covers the lower arm, since that's how the straps are placed - Your lower arm is placed tightly against the back of the shield. Your sprite however seems to hold it while the arm is at an angle, which looks a bit off. I know the back surface isn't flat, but to hold it up and straight like that, the elbow would have to be higher than it is.

That's what i thought when I looked at it, anyway. Oh, and hey! Those tiny arms couldn't hold that sword! Hehe.

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 02:51:49 pm
The hair was supposed to be normal hair in layers. One layer pretty short, and curved like (, and then a longer layer of hair curving like ) out from under the other layer. I'll see what I can do with her hair and the outlines, and make sure she can fit her organs inside her stomach.

Good call on the shield arm, Morden, I'll get right to that. I had her arm held straight in earlier renditions, but I changed it thinking that it would make her arms look uneven. Haha, I've got a thing for little girls with big swords. To tell you the truth, the sword was actually a bit longer before my sister told me it looked pretty unnatural.

:update:

Alright, I think I addressed the problems. I also modified the shield slightly.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:52:27 pm by Kcilc »