AuthorTopic: Zombie  (Read 7439 times)

Offline 125four

• View Profile

Zombie

on: February 28, 2006, 04:48:58 pm
As the title says it's a zombie.

Run:

Attack:

You can see it in a half-baked demo here (requires shockwave).
http://stuff.dotgeek.org/dotz.htm

I'll be taking a break from this project though, I did not plan it out well...for my next project I'll do the code first before any gfx.

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Re: Zombie

Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 05:15:41 pm
Hehe, these are neat. Never seen a zombine haul ass like that though XD. Limp Forest limp!

Offline reydragk

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 12:24:25 am
I would make the limp more pronouced--he walks too smoothly for a rotting heap of flesh

Also, I would make the top of the pants move just a little in the attack animation so that when he twists it doesn't look so unnatural.

Other than that, cool sprites <3

Offline Seven

• ._.'
    • View Profile
    • Virtuosis

Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 12:56:58 am
Isn't he too fast for a limping Zombie? I mean, both wanking and attaking animation does not show the essence of a zombie. Also, I think his concept is a bit "clean" for a monster. He just have a stick instead of a leg, a mask and uh... something on his hand.. Not as creepy as a zombie would be. In another hand, it's still a good idea to avoid making stereotypes, or something too "Resident Evil".

Offline IoIXoX

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 12:59:16 am
looks like he's slapping a fly on his shoulder  :o

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 01:34:37 am
In the walking animation, the legs look really weird on the frame where they overlap. I agree with Seven, make him a bit slower. Instead of being all fast, make him take one step at a time, hesitating between them. Or Have him hop (ya know, those kind of hop-limps you have to do when you step on something sharp.) on his good leg before slowly dragging the other behind him.
Make his arm drip blood.
Tear the shirt a bit.
In the attacking animation, he should have some more momentum behind his hit. Let his arm go back a bit, then hesitate before being brought forward. Then, when he does take the swing, let it throw him off balance slightly. As it is now, the attacking animation lacks any feeling of danger.

...Though I do like the pants...

Offline Chris

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 03:14:48 am
Timing is one of the most important things in an animation  (in my opinion), play with it, give some personality to the character.

Offline 125four

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 08:44:13 am
Yeah, the run anim is too fast. On the other hand if I slow it down too much it would be easy to kill him before he gets to the player. Same with the attack animation, by the time he builds momentum in his swing the player will have moved away easily. I agree with the pants-during the-swing suggestion, I was lazy there.

Offline Radioactivity

• rawr
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 03:56:47 pm
I mean, both wanking and attaking animation does not show the essence of a zombie.

lol, i just had to quote this....

anyways, i agree with whats been said.

on the attacking animation, maybe make him throw his body forward as he attacks.

Offline G_Dragon

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 01:44:34 am
Well, you have to remember that zombies are weak, except in numbers. What they lack in speed, they gain in massive mobs. So, to combat that, just make sure the engine has enough power to support a lot of zombies. Plus, you could make the gun have a reload time, and such.

Onto the art:
Well.. anything that I was going to say has already been said. Other than that, the sprites are actually pretty nice.