AuthorTopic: Beginner  (Read 2010 times)

Offline arkphox

• View Profile

Beginner

on: August 20, 2009, 02:17:23 am

Hello guys. I'm a first timmer, here and in the pixelart world. I know nothing about colors, but i decided to give it a try. Could you guys look at it and give me advices to progress up? Please, I still know nothing about dittering and AA.
Thank you very much!

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Beginner

Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:55:06 pm
In this stage you don't have to worry about dithering and AA either! The general shape seems good! His facial features make enough sense, but the shading upon it does NOT

Think about what planes of the face actually face the light and shade those brighter. For example the bridge of the nose is the most upturned part of the human face, so if the light comes from the top, it should definitely be in a lighter colour. Maybe stand under a bright light and look in a mirror and take note of how it looks? I dunno! Good luck with it anyways. Right now worry about the rendering and shading and we can work on the fancy stuff later?

Also did you do this from scratch or did you use a reference? Just wondering! If reference, then post it

If not, then good - it'll be easier for you to make this good if you've got that level of skill!
' _ '