AuthorTopic: GR#009 Run Rat, Run - Running Animation  (Read 14349 times)

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Re: See rat run. Run rat, run.

Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 11:20:38 pm
Conceit: No worries. :) You're right in that smaller rats, when they scurry, don't move nearly as much as my animation. Larger rats (like some seen in the NY subways) hop a lot more.  My animation is a bit over-exaggerated; I was shooting for something Disney-esque. Honestly, I'd never really studied a rat's movement until after I was well into this project.

I do plan on having a green vapor coming from the head and/or face--- and maybe from some open wounds as well. He NEEDS it!

Also, yes, I'll be adding more detail and rendering him properly once all of my primary animation is done.

PS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2jEM5aHHJc   \o/

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Re: [Wip] See rat run. Run, rat. Run.

Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 01:34:33 pm
Ah, so you're Monsoon2D; I had a hunch the style somehow reminds me of someone. Very nice, one of the smoothest animations I'm seeing in a long time, please do move on! :)

Quote from: Rawsushi
PS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2jEM5aHHJc   \o/
Haha, why the heck they do that? :)
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 11:13:17 pm
Ben, this is awesome.
I am so glad I got to help you out along the way via MSN, it's really come a long way from the start.
I can't really point out any flaws at the moment, none that you haven't already fixed.

The jaw turned out real nice, and I like the tuft of fur you've added on the front shoulder there.

Not sure if I'm liking the line of the back leg and how it's surrounded by AA.
But other then that it's looking great, I can only assume you're working on the green hazey like eyes you had talked about.

Keep up the good work.  :y:

Offline BlackTerror

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 05:30:35 am
The back half of the rat looks really good. The hind feet seem to stretch out over 2x, though. The front left paw seems to move too much all of a sudden, and that hanging jawbone interferes with the apparent motion of the front legs. I'd try a version with almost stationary closed jaw and see if that doesn't help with the leg confusion issue.

Offline fortunato

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 11:06:22 pm
maybe you havent thought of this but.. may i recommend a game? some kind of progressive dark adventure/platformer game where you play as the rat and run around (amongst some kind of rat community) and all that... with some kind of feature where you switch to a kind of twilight thing and turn into a zombie like, skeleton-y rat (a la pirates of the caribbean)... whatever youre going towards by all means continue but the idea just hit me so i felt the need to share it with you. though this already looks complete as is im looking forward to whatever else you plan to do with it!

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 03:57:14 pm
I was shooting for something Disney-esque.

I was about to drop a comment about how much it reminds me of good old Disney animation. SUCCESS !

It's lovely and full of life, congratulations.