AuthorTopic: GR#009 Run Rat, Run - Running Animation  (Read 14287 times)

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

GR#009 Run Rat, Run - Running Animation

on: August 17, 2009, 07:47:00 pm
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:52:21 pm by Rawsushi »

Offline fortunato

• View Profile

Re: See rat run. Run rat, run.

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 07:54:15 pm
my goodness.. i am truly in awe. incredible animation skills. definitely fix up that ear though... and the mouth.
have you considered the tail and how it moves? maybe adding some more life to it would make it more interesting. not saying it isnt interesting as is, but it just seems a little basic for someone who can without a doubt do more with it

Offline Dex

• ---
    • adamfergusonart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11794.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 08:55:59 pm
Wow, this blew me away. Excellent construction and animation! It's very believeable.

As for critique, I do believe you should speed up the animation a tad, it's quite slow, and, as I'm sure you're going to do, shade the rat some more. The tail feels a tad static too, but I'm not too sure.

Either way, I'd love to see this finished- and maybe some other animated characters! ;D

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 09:05:38 pm
When I started working on the tail, I had to research the actual movement first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSxhN6qhAXU

Really, the tail should be even more stiff, but I REALLY didn't want to do that.

fortunato, the mouth is a little jerky at the moment. I'll add that to the list.

Dex, I'll certainly be adding more detail, as I want the the rat to appear more grotesque; I might even expose the skull. We'll see!
As for the speed, he is moving a bit slow, but it's already running at, I believe, slightly under 30 fps. (At least, it SHOULD be. Perhaps your browser is slowing it down...?)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:08:31 pm by Rawsushi »

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 10:50:44 pm
Absolutely gorgeous animation. I especially like the subtle touches you added to the eye, like how it pops into a "+" for one frame. Now, if you could just set it on fire...!

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 12:58:30 am
I would second the "on fire" suggestion. It would add another level of awesomeness to this great little animation.

(OT) Junkboy: Love the avatar, full of personality!

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:12:06 am
well....I'd say that's a georgoeous looking rat with delusions of grandeur :yay: :B

The animation itself is very very beautiful and detailed.....but it just looks like the rat is possessed by some expensive horse or something  :lol: I've seen a few in the last hostel I stayed in and they werent even a fraction as graceful as that...they're more of a jittery mess :p Mostly it's the way she's wildly shaking her head up...they tend to keep it down....and run very focused on the ground with minimum vertical movement in the torso, a lot more movement sideways and very jittery fast movement in their paws staying at about the same height from the ground

however...I assume you're going for grand detail and epic heroicness so it's probably okay :p. EDIT:thx cure...nevermind bout the slowmo :p
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:07:53 am by Conceit »

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 02:07:41 am
@Conceit: Try a different browser. It's slow on IE but runs fine on Firefox, for example.

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 02:57:42 am
That's pretty sweet, are you going to add any highlights in the fur or just leave it like this? I mean it looks great right now.

The Sine wave motion on the tail and everything is great.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 03:12:40 am
whoops...checked the ref you used and...boy those are some HUGE rats...they move almost just like yours O.o  maybe its just the tiny ones that move nerveously.....awesome job on any account :p