AuthorTopic: TIGer Paint low resolution pixel art.  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Morden

• View Profile
    • Morden の不気味な日記

TIGer Paint low resolution pixel art.

on: August 12, 2009, 06:28:24 pm
Few weeks ago, while browsing through TIGSource forums, I stumbled upon the pixel art thread, or to be more specific, Tiger Paint thread. Tiger Paint is an online paint like program with only the color selection and a possibility to change the resolution of your canvas. That's that. No line tools, no gradients and no possibility to choose your own colors. You're stuck with this selection:

The cool thing is, it automatically creates a code, which when posted on TIGSource boards, displays the image. Not only that, once the image is posted, anyone can click on it and edit your work. It's a lot of fun to watch people edit each other's images, when the edits are good, of course. I played around with the tool for a bit and the results can be seen below.

From the left, two mock-up scenes from Another World. I just had to do the cage scene, since for me it's one of the most memorable scenes in the game. Next one up is Shadow of the Beast. I know he's supposed to be purple, but with the colour selection you get, the options are very few. Last one is a original - Undertaker after a tough night.

I also made a low resolution version on Pen from Adventure Time, and attempted creating a font, but I didn't bother with creating extra characters and numbers aside from "0" and "9". So, did anyone else from Pixelation boards try this? If you have, post your work and link to the Tiger Paint originals, so that others can edit it if they want to. Below you'll find links to my images on TIGSource forums. Just click on them, and you'll be taken to the editor.

- > Another World 1st Stage Mockup
- > Another World Cage Scene
- > Shadow of the Beast
- > Adventure Time

Edit - I just realized this is my very first message on the Pixelation forums. I have been around for quite long actually, and finally registered an account few months back, maybe that's why it didn't feel like a first. Pixelation is a great place with many talented artists and I'm glad to be a part of this fine community.

Also, I updated the graphics to display nicely. Yesterday I posted clickable thumbnails created by ImageShack, but these were jpeg and you can't have clickable thumbnails in here, because they just get enlarged. So that's fixed now.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:01:42 am by Morden »

Offline Morden

• View Profile
    • Morden の不気味な日記

Re: TIGer Paint low resolution pixel art.

Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:30:47 pm
Time for some more Tiger Paint fun. A zombie with no hand. There are probably two hundred things wrong with this picture, but I'm a noob, so be gentle. The original can be viewed and / or edited here

Offline Chris2balls

• Pixel Artist
    • ckelsallpxls
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14966.htm
    • chris2balls
    • chriskelsallpixelart
    • View Profile
    • Chris Kelsall's Pixel Portfolio

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:07:33 am
I love the idea! I'll see if I can do something later.
☑ Available for work     ☒ Unavailable for work
Check out my portfolio if you are looking for a pixel artist!

Offline Morden

• View Profile
    • Morden の不気味な日記

Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 03:32:09 pm

I originally drew this up in Tiger Paint, then animated it in GG. It's just another silly outcome of editing each other's pictures. The toucan was made by Draco9898, I added a friendly monkey, and it kind of went the usual violent way from there.

GlassKatten

Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:50:07 pm
Time for some more Tiger Paint fun. A zombie with no hand. There are probably two hundred things wrong with this picture, but I'm a noob, so be gentle. The original can be viewed and / or edited here

Omg, that's supposed to be his "arm" ? =D

Offline Morden

• View Profile
    • Morden の不気味な日記

Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 10:04:48 am
Quote from: GlassKatten
Omg, that's supposed to be his "arm" ? =D

That's a third time I hear a similar comment. I did a small fix, so that his chest separates better from the arm and is more clearly visible on his left. If anyone wants to make an edit, be my quest. Here's the link to the online editor - > click.

@Big Brother - Hey! It's been a while since I visited Herculean Effort. How are you guys doing? Working hard on Apprentice III, I bet. Hehe. I'm glad to see you and your work here.