AuthorTopic: [middle finger][C+C] RPG Portraits  (Read 6775 times)

Offline Bissle

• View Profile

Re: [middle finger][C+C] RPG Portraits

Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 01:04:56 pm

I did this a few days ago; still bald because I'm not sure if I want to keep that hairstyle.

I started on a new portrait yesterday, the same character from this thread last year, and THIS thread almost 3 year ago...  :blind:

...2007...                                                       2009

Offline Bissle

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 12:12:25 pm
Hate to do this, but I don't want to continue until I get more feedback... bump  :yell:

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 06:43:14 am
Bissle, I'm afraid there's nothing less inspiring than an unmotivated artist. If you lack the motivation to carry you through, leaning on feedback like a crutch won't fix you. In my opinion, nobody should ever have a greater passion for an artists's work than the artist himself. Likewise here, the more you display a lack of zeal for your own work, the more I think viewers will lose interest as well. Just a friendly service announcement.

I think some of the stuff posted in here is pretty nice. I'd love to see it evolve further.

Ever think about trying some more dynamic lighting treatments? - something besides default midday overhead light, toss in a secondary lightsource, etc.

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 10:14:05 am
Bissle, there's something deeply unnerving about that portrait of yours. If that's your intention, then congrats, great success! But if not, you might wanna consider skewing ever so slightly towards some of the more classical concepts of physical beauty... Just my two dirty cents.

Extreme example edit is extreme

Offline Bissle

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 12:33:01 pm
Mathias, check your PM.

Junkboy, the woman in your edit is just gorgeous... :wah:

which is just the opposite of what I'm going for!  But, you got me thinking that her features should still be refined some... a more 'realistic' type of ugly, I guess? hehe

Will update soon... the blonde girl is starting to bug me. xD

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:15:48 pm by Bissle »