AuthorTopic: [WIP] Slime  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Slime

Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 09:39:39 pm
ahhh oh no he's trapped!

It's good practice to have ample room for your animations so you don't get any awkward boxed-in effects.

zanaril's edit has a nice back and forth wiggle which is really what this needs. I really can't recommend enough looking at what he did more closely. If a jelly moves in one direction, his jelliness will want to stay behind. It's all physics! Also up and down motion. As the jelly moves he gets all thin :c but than bounces back up before he goes to do another slide forward. c:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:41:25 pm by Atnas »

Offline D~Dawg

• ^Foreign Accent
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 03:47:42 pm
ahhh oh no he's trapped!
It's good practice to have ample room for your animations so you don't get any awkward boxed-in effects.

2 or 3 pixels away from the border makes it look much better. ;D

By the way, you need to remove the outline. Outlines really don't need to be in pixel art, unless it's a cartoony type of style. ;)

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 04:22:33 pm
you need to remove the outline.

What.

Outlines do not necessarily result in a very cartoonish style. Also what makes you think he is not aiming for the style he currently is using?
I think theres nothing wrong with this outline as it doesnt distract from the rest at all and we dont know what background this sprite is thought to be shown on.

Offline Dyble

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 07:16:50 pm
thanks for the comments, I think the outline looks good and shoud stay, but hwat do I know ;)