AuthorTopic: [WIP]My Flag (c:)  (Read 14584 times)

Offline ~*McMuffn*~

• RIP B.L.P. we luv n miss u!! <3
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] FLAG

Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 12:11:52 am
That's so not nice, man.  Nobody went a'pullin your chain. I'm taking spanish class, thankyouverymuch. but yes i did translate this. I translated it back to english and it didn't make to much sense. my appologies. but dont say im talkin bull%#&t when you got a dancing booger as your sig. ( XD Just Playin) Now if nobody has anymore comments about all that crap, i'd appriciate it if i could get this thing finished.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:27:41 am by ~*McMuffn*~ »
i dont even no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sm.

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 03:00:39 am
Maybe you could touch up the colors.

Not necessarily some pretentious retro-gasm of color, just more along the lines of white-to-blueish y'know (less saturated also, the flag is saturated, but in reality when light and environment come into play you get a more withered flag.)

So yeah I wish I had an edit but I don't :(.

P.S. Along the lines of drama, people are only trying to help you and most of them have incredible things to say. If your ears aren't open and you just plan to back-sass everyone you shouldn't be asking for help :/.

y'know?

Yeah.

Mmmm.
Sorry about throwing that soup all over you...

I just had all this soup y'know?

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 07:05:19 am
I don't think you are understanding your current position.
If you keep behaving the way you are doing right now, you will start getting strikes or get directly banned.

The Pixel Art forum is strictly for pixel art critique, all unnecessary off-topic (specially those sassy comments of yours) should be avoided or done through PMs.

So stop derailing the thread and keep focusing on the pixel art.
Or else action will be taken.

And for your information, it isn't a booger but a Green ChuChu.

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 10:07:26 am
Hahaha. This whole topic makes me laugh. Specially the bits with Panda. Anyways, perhaps you should add another shade of blue so you can shade the blue field of stars a bit better, instead of having it flat against the rest of the flag?

Sokota

Offline ~*McMuffn*~

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 05:29:26 pm
[ : ]

[ . ]

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]My Flag (c:)

Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 09:11:55 pm

On the previous subject of the Confederate flag: being a Southerner myself, I can understand how our influences can come across as ignorant. In reality, a bit of our culture really is. Be that as it may, we're not asking you to kill your personality. The main thing is we know you mean well, and that you are proud to be a Southerner. I'm proud too! The only problem is, we interact with so many people of so many walks of life, that our cultures tend to clash. In other words, be proud, but be mindful of other people's culture.
   In this case, the Confederate flag does have connotations involved with racism back in the days of American slavery, and Civil War. We know most Southerners who put this flag on their pick ups don't use it to offend people, but more so to display their symbol of pride for their home. However, to others, it is offensive to their culture. So please, be weary of these things for future reference, from one fellow user to another.

Any hoo, hope this doesn't derail your stay here. I know that sometimes some artists on this site can come off as blunt, or straight jerkish(including myself), but we don't mean it an a mean way. It's just the way we've grown to communicate with each other, in being as honest as possible. Hope to see some more junk-funk in the near future!

The B.o.b.
my back hurts...

Offline ~*McMuffn*~

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 02:23:29 am
Wow, strong words. The B.o.b., I dont think that you are jerkish in any way. I agree 100% with every word you said. But i gotta tell ya your avatar freaks me out a little. ;)

<3 McMuffn PEACE!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 02:39:38 am by ~*McMuffn*~ »

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 03:04:56 am
I hope you don't mind TBOB, i put your animation into comic book format, just so it's easier to get the most out of it.  :y:

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 03:14:30 am
That picture should be archived for future reference.  I has a ton of good info that can apply to many other pieces, such as the warning about dithering, blocking out colors, folds, and metalwork.

Offline Scribblette

• View Profile
    • Livejournal

Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 06:46:54 am
Now, when people start going on about the difference between decent pixel art and GREAT pixel art, that there image is what they should be comparing to. Saved!
Now reading: Animator's Survival Kit, Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain, Fun With A Pencil. No time to pixel!
Pixelated Anatomy|Foliage