AuthorTopic: [WIP]My Flag (c:)  (Read 14580 times)

Offline ~*McMuffn*~

• RIP B.L.P. we luv n miss u!! <3
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] FLAG

Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 02:02:56 am
Here yall go:

i know that it was "backwards"-but really it wasn't, because if you are standing on that side of the flag thats how it looks.
well, the dithering on the pole did look very weird-but that wasn't my idea. i chose not to use any lighter colors (p.s. JosephSeraph, you spell "colour" wrong.) because like some of you said, its not a reflective material. so yeah... 

(c=) BE_HAPPY!!~~
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 02:04:50 am by ~*McMuffn*~ »
i dont even no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline gandhi420

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 03:13:15 am
when i said you had the materials backwards i meant that the flag looked like metal and the pole looked more like cloth. in your new version the stars are really sporadic. try looking at some reference to see how they're placed.

Offline Corsair

• some assembly required
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 05:27:09 am
I don't think that the dithering on the pole was really necessary.

Or good at all. It gave a weird, sponge - y texture. All in all, i think the colours are all wrong, the shadow casting is all wrong, besides other thing, but this seems to be a rude pool so i will shaddap.

I think you misinterpreted my comment. Metal is smooth and dithering does not at all convey this.

Also, Muffin, "colour" is how people from the UK generally spell it. Keep in mind that we speak an offshoot of the queen's english.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 06:30:43 am by Corsair »

Offline Halloween_Cloud

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 02:16:25 pm
Happy? :-\

What do you guys think of this peice of ART?

Honestly, everyone is only commenting on your accuracy of the flag, not the pixel art. The art looks really good. I'm sorry that you had to switch to get another crit. but you know, some people are stubborn and think it's not patriotic. But I don't mind it, it looks great as your flag. Great work, my friend.

Offline ~*McMuffn*~

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 04:26:48 pm
Well dude, I'm from America, and frankly I don't really give a rip about the queen's english-no offense. But If thats how
Yall spell it where your from, then go right ahead. I was just saying, if you look it up its: color. Oh and my name is McMuffn not Muffin or McMuffin!!

gandhi420,
 now I know what you was saying about it being backwords- but i just thought that when you flipped it, that thats what you meant. sorry! XD

Halloween__Cloud,
Thank You. (c=)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 04:38:31 pm
McMuffn, you might want to consider that British English is what American English "evolved" from. You are coming across being rather ignorant.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 04:53:23 pm
the stars look randomly placed at this stage. especially at the lower right corner

also...
there are so many stereotypes (and disregard for other people) happening, that i can't help but question the legitimacy of this user.

Offline D~Dawg

• ^Foreign Accent
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 04:58:07 pm
VERY randomly placed. But besides, your POLE needs work... :-\
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 05:17:58 pm by D~Dawg »

Offline ~*McMuffn*~

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 06:17:56 pm
¿Cómo ignorante es una segunda lengua? No signifiqué lo que dije sobre los ingleses de las reinas que estoy apesadumbrado… pero es color, yo es refrán justo. Convengo sobre mis estrellas, pero mí cupe cincuenta de ellos. No veo cómo mis necesidades del poste todavía trabajan, aunque.

I couldn't have said it better in perfect freakin engish!! XD

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 06:44:47 pm
That 'straight-out-of-an-online-translator' bit of Spanish is bullshit, so keep trying.

But enough, please try to keep this thread focused on the actual pixel art related bits.