AuthorTopic: [WIP] REBEL  (Read 7549 times)

Offline ~*McMuffn*~

• RIP B.L.P. we luv n miss u!! <3
    • View Profile

[WIP] REBEL

on: August 05, 2009, 01:10:02 am
this is my very first project all by myself.

[>X<]
i dont even no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scribblette

• View Profile
    • Livejournal

Re: [WIP] REBEL

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 01:29:32 am
From a purely pixel standpoint, some of the basics are wrong - view the flag on a different background and you'll see the light grey single pixels on the outline look strange. Banding happening with the dithering on the far left and middle of the flag, too.

Seek out the many anti-aliasing & dithering/banding tutorials.

Edit: Ick. I had no idea what the flag represented when I commented in here. It's the rather controversial Confederate Flag - a symbol that means awful stuff to some people, some stuff to awful people, and "sayWOTnowitsjustaflageh?" to others.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:44:36 am by Scribblette »
Now reading: Animator's Survival Kit, Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain, Fun With A Pencil. No time to pixel!
Pixelated Anatomy|Foliage

Offline D~Dawg

• ^Foreign Accent
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 05:15:54 pm
I'm agreeing with this dude. Look at some tutorails and fix it up.
Plus (I don't know how) you need to make it look more 'wringly'. Just having lighting isn't really to 'wringly' looking. Maybe someone else can tell you how to make it look 'wringly'.

PS: 'wringly' :lol:

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:24:19 pm
Nice sig.  Any idea what that flag actually represents?

Offline ~*McMuffn*~

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 02:10:00 am
Well, i aint stupid if thats what your implying. I sure as heck know 'what it means', do YOU??

Offline snowsoft

• View Profile
    • Snowsoft blog

Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 03:06:07 am
That's the sort of reply someone who is ignorant, or doesn't want to appear so, would have.

I live in Florida so I see a lot of hillbilly rednecks with this stupid thing on their trucks and whatnot all the time. It's mostly toted around by racist rednecks and it represents a lot of bad things to people.

That is the flag that the south (for those not part of the states, that's the southern U.S.) wanted to secede from the union and be their own thing. There were many reasons they wanted to do this but the big one most people remember is slavery. A simple way of putting the civil war, though it is not just these two points, is that the North wanted to abolish slaves, and the south wanted to keep them. Watch the movie "Glory". Totally sweet.

Some people will claim it's "southern pride" or some other stupid thing, but to most people in the states it is just idiocy.

Can't be too harsh on her though, she is 13. When I was in elementary school I drew swastakas thinking they looked cool. Not knowing what it represented.
“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”
http://snowsoft.wordpress.com/

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 03:21:37 am
I don't want to derail the thread further, but the slavery argument is something that has been spoonfed through history books by the victors of the secession war, but is nowhere close to the actual reason in my opinion.

Abolishing slavery meant destroying the southern economy, but not the northern (were slavery was pretty small and definately not a hinge point of the whole economy). There were many political, social and cultural reasons for the war, but blaming the South for not wanting to destroy their own economy is a pretty weak point.

But as said, the current meaning of the flag is used by idiots all over the place to make people aware of their idiocy. So, I am very wary about your flagrant use of this symbol McMuffin. Apart from what it actually means, what does it mean to you?

Offline ~*McMuffn*~

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 03:19:05 pm

I live in Florida so I see a lot of hillbilly rednecks with this stupid thing on their trucks and whatnot all the time. It's mostly toted around by racist rednecks and it represents a lot of bad things to people.

look people, its not always raceist. aint anyone else proud of where the're from??
it's not stupid. And hey, wuts wrong with bein a hillbilly redneck??
but i guess some people just don't get it.

well its not raceist, because i'm not like that. everybody has rebel flags where i'm at. If you live in the south its perfectly fine to have rebel flags. To me the confederate flag is just a symbol that i am from the south, and i am proud. I am NOT proud of slavery. And yall are really off topic.

Offline D~Dawg

• ^Foreign Accent
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 03:32:56 pm
Yeah, I'm from the south, too and I totally understand what's goin' down here.
them from up north think it means we're racist. But it don't. We just like Rebel flags, I have no idea why.
One thing I do know is; Me and McMuffn are NOT racist. And she's totally right, being a redneck is a heck of alot better then bein' a yankee.

sorry for being off topic, but we're not racist. 8)

ON TOPIC: Scribblette is right about the AA. It needs to be a lighter color than the inside of the flag.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:46:00 pm by D~Dawg »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 03:38:20 pm
RACIST. RACIST. Jesus christ.