AuthorTopic: [ Adam's Amazing Adventure ] I desire crits of all shape sizes and form ^_^  (Read 6738 times)

Offline infinitegames

• View Profile
I'm in the minority, but I really liked the original better. The browns were way too dark, but the background looked awesome. I think you should try for a middle ground.

Offline Mistajaye

• Jason Andrew Buividas
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • https://t.me/pump_upp
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Here are some template characters for the game of all the different cilivizations there will be. I would like to see your ideas on how I should go about coloring them retaining the style the game already has. I would like to use the horoscope colors for each culture. Nomads are the Wind Sign, Vikings are the Water Sign, and the Ninja Samurai's are the Fire Sign, I would like their colors to represent who they are. And flourish in the clothes that they wear. But I am having trouble with the color designs. I would like someone to edit these with colors that they think suits the sprite. I'm not talking about all out shading unless you want to, but just the general colors you would like to see with each piece. Thanks ^_^ Here is what I think... I don't like it though... *sighs

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 04:03:42 am by Mistajaye »

Offline Tourist

• View Profile
I think the basic color choices are fine.

Get rid of the internal black lines where possible.  They reduce the number of pixels you have, and can be done better with shading. 

I'd also suggest making sure the shadows are consistent with what you've already got.

Tourist

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website
That dithering on the tree leaves is bothersome, it doesn't look like leaves, it's almost reminiscent of the MS spray can...Almost.

The shading on the trunk of the tree makes it look like it's made of flat polygons at angles. Like it's made of a 6 sided cylinder or something.

Try some higher value colors..highlights.

Also the general shape of the tree leaves just looks ...weird..like theres a big random chunk sticking out at us in the very middle

The main character is the best, but the face and the arm bother me. He sort-of has a nose, but he doesn't (maybe it's a style thing, but I just don't like it.), and perhaps you could move the eyes up a pixel. The shading on the arm looks ok, but it could be better
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:03:03 am by Draco9898 »